Model Cars Magazine Forum

Southwestern Ontario modelers?

Train Wreck Pete

Hi Peter...

I'm way down southwest of you in a small town called Comber....

I shop mostly on Ebay, at Toy Shows in Ohio and Michigan and my local Hobby Shop is Windsor Hobbies, obviously in Windsor On.

I have shopped at McCormicks in London too, Tim Humphreys is a good guy to do business with....

Later, Bill Baskett...

I live in Hamilton....some good shops in my area, Dundas Valley hobby, Modellers Choice hobby, and Hamilton hobbies ...all within 15 minutes of one another. most of my buying comes from ebay dealers, as I find the travelling to shows does not have the blast factor it had thru the 80s and 90s era.....those old Toledo, Cleveland, and Detroit shows were the greatest of times for kits and toys , for sure. the expense of running around and paying overnight expenses to travel and all was fun when I was younger,,, guess my heart was lighter then......but travelling alone when all your friends have passed on just makes a ride no fun anymore. ebay will have to do now, I suppose......the ace.......... :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Since we are all here,...

Have any of you been able to find Alclad products here in Ontario?

How about Other detailing items A/N fittings, or Braided hose etc.

Shipping and exchange rates are kicking our butts,...

anywhere in Canada, you guys deal with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Too bad about McCormick's closing. The end of a great era! Some of my 1st purchases were from Mrs. McCormick back in the early 60s. She would always ask if you needed any glue or brushes after every purchase. What a sweetheart. Never went in when the current guy took over...just a personal thing.

That sucks that another shop is closing. I'm in the St Catharines area also, ours LHS used to be huge and awesome. Now it has shrunk in size and tripled in prices lol, no more Alclad paints etc.. hardly ever buy stuff there anymore other than some supplies I buy maybe 1 or 2 kits a year there to give some support but I used to be in there once a week in years past !