Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `67 Corvette L-88 - Barrett Jackson`s $3.5 million car

Hawk312

I started out trying to replicate exactly the $3.5million `67 L88 Corvette that sold at Barrett Jackson last January. Did I pull it off? :)
It`s hard to believe, but this project started way back in March of last year. I started my work in progress thread on this forum last April.
So I am finally calling this "finished." There was plenty of modification on this build. The wheels were fabricated and cast. As far as I know, there are no other 1/12 scale versions of the `67 style rally wheel, die cast or otherwise. The exhaust from the manifold to the exhaust tips was fabricated using metal tubing and one-off cast resin mufflers. And of course, the L-88 intake, overflow reservoir, and radiator were all fabricated or modified to match the 1:1 car. The typical (for me) coolant hoses, alternator wiring, and relay wiring were added. I am not sure what that square box is on the drivers side inner fender, but it was scratch built from sheet styrene and hook-up wires. Chassis markings, auction stickers, and the battery labels were printed based on reference pictures I have of the 1:1 car.
I had a really hard time capturing the red color on this one for some reason. i must have taken over 100 washed out, blurry pictures until I got some decent ones.
So let me know what you think.
6a_zps7333ec45.jpg

9a_zps64d2bd95.jpg10a_zpsdb255a5d.jpg

11a_zps43242e71.jpg

16a_zps4f256b8c.jpg

15a_zps3475f766.jpg

Thanks again everyone. For those of you who haven`t seen it, here is the real car on the auction block. It was an exciting moment to watch. I believe up until that time, it was a Barrett Jackson record. It was a 1 of 1 red on red L88:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Hawk312