Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vypurr59

Mustang Guys, take notice

Another gem of industrial design from the 'Hot Wheels' staff.

The front end is interesting. The rest of the car is to over the top for me. And calling it a Rocket? Worked for Oldsmobile in the past. But, seems kind of juvenile in this case. I'm okay with being juvenile. But not this juvenile. And I don't not why?

Scott

The back looks good. The front is kind of weird. Overall I like it, but the wheels are a joke. They kill it for me

I love Mustangs as much as anyone, I have had 3 but I don't know about this one. Looks kind of cartoony to me. Maybe another color could help me like it better.

Overall I like it. I actually quite like these cartoony one offs, it's nice to see something a bit different than the usual flood of same old uninspired stuff. I agree with Cameron though, those wheels are no bueno.

Edited by rusty85

Overall, I like it too...with reservations. The hood definitely works for me...but at the same time, the whole presentation screams "overwrought" and yes, somewhat "juvenile".

I don't know. My first reaction, especially to the side profile, was a giggle...too tacky. There is just something that doesn't jive. The "725" on the hood looks ridiculous - like a teenager with a cricut would put on something...

I love Mustangs but I'm having trouble with the "new look" . Maybe it'll grow on me after a while the same way 87-93 Fox bodies did back in the day. I didn't care for them much when they came out either but they ended up growing on me and now I love 'em.

Different for certain... I'm disappointed that the galloping horse emblem in the center of that grill opening looks incredibly crooked to my eye; on a custom-build like this one, you'd think they pay attention to the placement of the iconic logo!