Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monte Carlo Showcar...

Lowlife ! !

This was a big project for me, ive always liked Lowriders and wanted to go all-out and build something a bit wild. It was very enjoyable build, over 2 years in fact, and stretched any building talents I have to the max !! Heres a quick list of modifications and pics, as always comments always welcome and thanks for looking in ...... :) ...... Lowlife ! !

Flip front, bonnet split from cowl area and cowl smoothed in. Suicide doors, split bonnet opening, targa style roof, shortened boot with rear part blended in and split opening, light surrounds smoothed in, smoothed badges and door handles etc, part scratch built interior, Tamiya brake details, Pegasus wire wheels. Chrome is either Alclad spray, bare metal foil or chrome card from an Easter egg box !! Paint is nail varnish, then flake, then clear, transfer stripes and hand painted graphics...

08052012849.jpg

08052012850.jpg

060820121005.jpg

220420131842_zpsdb4e2f6c.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Thank you for the reply`s, Yeah I know lowriders may not be to everyones taste so I appreciate you commenting....

Dublin boy, thanks, shame Street Machine Magazine gave up doing model shows, I used to enter them, and would love to put this into a show......

Luke, thanks mate, its down to you Im on this site....

Thanks for the replys to the paintjob too, I had so many paint reactions I nearly gave up......

Thank you for the reply`s, Yeah I know lowriders may not be to everyones taste so I appreciate you commenting....

Dublin boy, thanks, shame Street Machine Magazine gave up doing model shows, I used to enter them, and would love to put this into a show......

Luke, thanks mate, its down to you Im on this site....

Thanks for the replys to the paintjob too, I had so many paint reactions I nearly gave up......

It was Terry Ross with his 'Small Talk' page in Street Machine that got me started back in the early 80's. Those models used to amaze me when I was a kid. I still have all the pages cut out of the mags and kept in a folder. A real one! LOL

I might have pics of your cars if they were published.