Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monte Carlo Showcar...

Lowlife ! !

Well it IS my style and I LOVE it!! I never have understood why people feel the need to state "it's not my style" before complimenting a build. Either you like it or you don't. Now back to the subject of discussion, I especially love the paint work but the details are fantastic also!! Thank you for sharing!!

• 1 month later...

Fantastic model. I am not an expert on Lowriders, but I can appreciate a well done car of any type. Great paint and interior colors. The amount of work that goes into a project like that is astounding. It's almost as involved as a scratchbuild. I am glad you showed it here. Maybe a couple of us will be inspired to try building a Lowrider someday. (I have several sets of Daytons from buying lowrider kits to make other things from them) I have always wanted to do an older style "Bomb" with a '51 Fleetline, and scratchbuild all of the accessories for it. Again, really ambitious build and great job making the whole look come together. Well planned and executed build.

Thanks Joe, and Shane it wasn't me that did the tutorial.... :( ......

But I have done a few myself..... :huh: .....

So hopefully I can help if you like....... :D ......

If this pic is what your after, im happy to answer any questions etc you may have. Thanks for the reply too mate........

11102013008_zps8b3ac75c.jpg

11102013003_zps7d5b717a.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Al, Mike, Bill, and Lizardlust, appreciate it guys, thanks.......

Shane, Yes pick up some thin foam sheets, they do cool felt as well. Using a very thin tube, press into the felt to create buttons. You can lightly score a groove between each button with a knife to create folds, its a bit trial and error but works well. I line up a ruler and then punch buttons along a line, maybe 5mm apart, then move the ruler up and do another line etc etc...

Hope this helps mate........ Lowlife ! !