Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack RM 686 4X6 with equipement snow plow.

I agree!!!!

One question however. What are the hooks on the weight box for? If they are for a tarp. I think they would be more effective if they were turned the opposite way from wthey way they are now. If the open end of the hook is on the down side, the rope will not slip off! ????

Be Well

Gator

Marc I know that you're right, but I mounted as the original and he hooks had this position.

• 7 months later...

Wow Alain,what a great truck!You are a master craftsman!

X's 2 

Alain,

Your work is nothing short of amazing.. I always enjoy following you builds.

Be Well

Gator

I agree!!!!

One question however. What are the hooks on the weight box for? If they are for a tarp. I think they would be more effective if they were turned the opposite way from wthey way they are now. If the open end of the hook is on the down side, the rope will not slip off! ????

Be Well

Gator

it looks like the hooks may be there to hold tire chains? Looks about the right length to hold the chains unrolled to their full lenth and hung horizontally.

it looks like the hooks may be there to hold tire chains? Looks about the right length to hold the chains unrolled to their full lenth and hung horizontally.

Being raised in the snowless south.I don't know much about plows .But what you said makes a lot of sense. Besides I was wondering why they would tarp

a big block of concrete ?? lol

I bet Alain will make a set of chains now ! If he does I know they will be spot on !

Be well

Gator

Thank you for comments.

For the two rings on the concrete blocks, their usefulness is only to place the block on the truck. For the position of the rings its got no great importance, generally it uses a loader to place it on the truck.
About six hook each side of the concrete block, one hangs strings after. I'll do four simple strings.
Edited by mackd

Ten feet wing is completed. I experienced one may more difficult this time because I wanted to meet the thickness of the steel used on this piece or 1/2 '' = styrenne 0.020 shakier has work.

P1140331%20800x600_zps8q2tsxgg.jpg

P1140328%20800x600_zps38vy3rbu.jpg

P1140336%20800x600_zps0i7t7yhq.jpg

P1140337%20800x600_zpsuwkmqxut.jpg

P1140338%20800x600_zpsrzysxb0i.jpg

Edited by mackd

Nice job on the plow, Alain.  Do you have any photos of old V plow and wing plow frames that you could post?  I have a couple for the Coleman but not nearly enough detail to do a creditable job.

Charlie

Charlie I'll send you private message the pictures I found.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed the hydraulic system, as is the 1970s technology manual valves are inside the cab. The next step be the weathering of the wing of curling, I want to try a new method. I am not sure of the result.