Model Cars Magazine Forum

smbc status

To all our loyal fans and customers, here is a letter from paul, who is actually smbc.

First and foremost, I am profoundly sorry for the delays and lack of response. I owe you an explanation.

My cancer, which had been in remission, has come back stronger. Treatment and complications have caused me to be hospitalized and incapacitated for the last 90 days. I don't yet know when I will be able to return to work at SMBC, but that is my goal. In the meantime, I want you to know that with the limited help of friends, family and even some fans, we are still trying our best to fill your orders. Please, PLEASE be patient. I know that you have come to expect the best from us, and we've let you down. I can't apologize enough.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

and from all the other members of D.R.A.G.

First off and most importantly Best wishes for a speedy recovery. This is a time for you to concentrate on your health and well being.

Secondly, kudos to Jeff and Kris and Kevin, the rest of the D.R.A.G. group, for pitching in and helping to get orders out. Love to see teamwork in action.

Best wishes. I understand what you are going through. I ran an aftermarket company making parts and kits for free flight aircraft, and I had a serious medical situation. (Not cancer, but the word "Terminal" was used by several Doctors) My health, family and survival became much more important than vac formed canopies, pre formed landing gear wires, printed tissue and resin and photo etched bits. I didn't have the support people you have in the hobby, but my family was able to help me send back hundreds of checks and fill the last orders I had parts for. I was several months late, but the F.A.C. types are a small, close knit community, and they all knew I was ill. Even though some of them had to wait 6 months for their parts or refunds, they were all happy to finally see me back at the flying field. I did go to a couple of big events after that, but just to fly. I never kitted anything again. ("ReKitted" a couple, but that's just a euphemism for crashing!)

Whatever decisions you make with SMBC, the decisions you make with your Doctors and Family are much more important. We will all be pulling for you, and support you in this struggle. Stay strong, persevere and enjoy the heck out of each and every day. We have faith that you will come through this with flying colors and end up stronger than ever.

Good Luck, and hang in there!

Dave

many have been very understanding.. but reading some of pauls emails, even after they know the situation....well.. some people make me weep for humanity....

Yep... some people think the world needs to come to a screeching halt because they had to wait four weeks for their widget to show up, even being aware of the situation. And you just know if those same people were in Paul's shoes they'd be asking for all kinds of leeway. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...