Model Cars Magazine Forum

smbc status

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, get better soon. We're all by your side.

D.R.A.G.- proving once again they're one of the best in the entire industry. Good on all of you for pitching in and George, too!

Charlie Larkin

George has been improving & learning alot is has been wonderful having him around!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I see here that the last posts were back in may and hope Paul is back to a 100%. I only know what I have read here and in the magazine about the guys at D.R.A.G  and it makes me wish that I knew all of them in person. You guys are great, a credit to the hobby. Well I hope and pray that Paul is well and if anyone who knows reads this please leave an update. Thank you.     Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I see here that the last posts were back in may and hope Paul is back to a 100%. I only know what I have read here and in the magazine about the guys at D.R.A.G  and it makes me wish that I knew all of them in person. You guys are great, a credit to the hobby. Well I hope and pray that Paul is well and if anyone who knows reads this please leave an update. Thank you.     Jeff

If you make the trip to NNL-East next April, Jeff, you'll get the opportunity to meet them. They'll most likely be there.

NNL-East is most definitely worth the trip, too. Great show, lots of nice people and a superb vendor area.

Tom Geiger and his team at TSMCC do a stellar job, and are a true treasure of the hobby.

April 16, Wayne, N.J. the theme is cars of the 1930s, any make, any style.

MassCar usually makes a car-pool down on Saturday morning. I try to head down Friday to make travel a little easier and rent a room at a hotel. 

Charlie Larkin

This is not an official update by any means but I met Paul today at the Detroit Area Auto Modellers show and it sounds like he is doing better but still not back to 100%. I'm sure prayers and well-wishes would still be appreciated. I also picked up a couple of his newer products and I have to say I'm really impressed with the quality!

Thanks Charlie and John. It's good to hear an update on Paul. Like I said in my last post here that the only things that I know about Paul and the guys at D.R.A.G is what I've read here and there and that they are TRUE people. So when I first heard about Paul my heart, thoughts and prayers went right out to him. Also Charlie I would love to go to NNL -EAST and meet everyone but unfortunately for me my financial situation does not permit me to do much but you never know April is still a little ways away. Again thanks everyone for the update and Paul I am and I am sure everyone is praying for you. Thank you.      Jeff 

• 7 months later...

Here's a slight update on Paul. Kev 'n I went to see him on the 4th. He was doing well, if not just kinda abetired. He was getting out today, and was goin home, I think.  I live  about 4 cities away, so 'm not real sure where the guys actually live only that they're fairly close to the shop. Kev'n I both live 20/25 mims. away.

The old boy was lookin good, just like I said, tired. BUT his sense of humor he has is still there, and that's always good. Paul IS kinda a quiet guy anyways just  stays in his office un less he's in the shop casting. He does ALL the artwork for DRAG, so if ya got an item without a printed label, THAT'S probably why.

Havent'nt been here in a while, been busy with the clowns over at DRAG, and it's been fun! Just lucky to be at the right place, at the right time! Paul is doin better, he's probably there as I write this! We hard working (hurmph ruff cough....)members of DRAG are just human tryin our best to give you guys the stuff you want/need ta build the wonders that you do,and We (I) enjoy doin for yous!

As I  said, Paul IS STILL out of commission, and I can't honestly say ANYTHING as to wats goin on with SMBC other than to add Paul's doin better and is BACK HOME, now He'll probably call for a meeting with the guys and get caught up.

If I'm privey to that , If I can, I'll keep you guys UTD. BUT NEVER FEAR smbc is STILL ALIVE, AND WE'S TRYIN LIKE MAD DOGS TRYIN TO GET YOUR STUFF OUT TO YAZ, honestly we are. Opps cap lok got jammed.....

• 1 month later...

its with a heavy heart i have to report that after a very long fight, paul passed away last night. we here at D.R.A.G. are totally devastated by this, please join us in remembering him as our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

its with a heavy heart i have to report that after a very long fight, paul passed away last night. we here at D.R.A.G. are totally devastated by this, please join us in remembering him as our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Jeff, I'm so sad to read this--I know how close all of you at DRAG have been--Having some of Paul's creations--his talent and artistry will be sorely missed.  PEACE, my friend.

Art