Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Alabama

kforbus

Hello. I am just getting back into modeling after a 27 year break. Been lurking here on and off for a few years. I need something to do during the cold months (yes, it gets cold in Alabama...not Northern cold, but cold nevertheless) to take the place of my RC plane/boat addiction. Just got my paint booth built last night and started going thru all of my old building stuff...i never throw anything away (to my wife's dismay).

I am going to practice painting on a couple of old bodies that i have to get the hang of the airbrush. I will then most likely start rebuilding some of my completed kits and then move to some of the unopened kits that i bought back in the 80's. Once i start building i will keep everyone posted, as i am sure that i will have lots of questions about detailing.

I look forward to getting started and becoming part of the modeling community.

Welcome Kevin to the forum as it's a great place to be. I did some R/C boating back in the 90's.

Thanks. Hopefully the wife will let me get started soon. I really have missed building model cars. Life always seems to get in the way nowadays.

I got into RC boats about 6 years ago with a 27-in nitro...that quickly turned into a 53-in gas boat. Something tells me that I will also be neck deep in styrene before long.