Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 nova big tire car and turbo cobra mustang

teamstorm02

Looks like a good start to me! I like the black wheels. Are those MicroNitro pieces? Also, what tires are you using on them? They really fill up the rear of the Mustang nicely.

actually i got them from E-slotcar.com and i took slot car wheels and put them inside the revel prostck t-bird tires. these are the wheels

http://www.e-slotcar.com/shop/style-j-magnum/pro-track-1-116-x-332-x-500-wide-style-j-black-ptc-n407j-bl/

i have to do another set for the nova so when i do those ill show a step by step of what i did for the other tires

It's great that you are learning new things, doing modifications, chassis swaps, roll cages and the like, but lets not forget the basics. Clean model building.

Like this seam for instance.

20150116_211029_zpskbewniii.jpg

yeah i definitely understand attention to detail is definitely a big thing.. im just used to working on the 1:1 stuff haha so this little bitty stuff i over look some things

this was a motor i built for my old 2003 twin turbo mustang. all the pullies you see were cnc'd by my father

DSC00796-1.jpg

this was the car.. everything was built for over a 1000rwhp

DSC00974-1.jpg

and these are the new toys

DSC02039.jpg

just started working on this one

6009ac43-a8cb-4443-ad5b-4ead4843d14f_zps

Edited by teamstorm02

• 1 month later...

I know it's to late now for these builds. But a couple of tips on styrene plastic sizes in scale, the.062 is approximately 1-1/2" in size and the .080 is equivalent to 1-3/4". But a real easy way to judge sizes is the metric sizes are also on the packaging, and 1mm works out to about 1" if you keep that in the back of the old memory bank it's a lot easier when looking for a particular size in material for your builds. Oh yeah, pretty good builds.

• 2 months later...