Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 56 Ford Nomad

Yenkocamaro

Hey Guys, not that I don't have enough projects going, I started another. I've always loved the style of the Nomad roof, and have tried through the years to transfer this roof design to other cars, but most will not fit without major body work. This is an Ertl 1/18 56 Ford Sunliner with a Road Tuff 1/18 57 Nomad roof. I've picked out my wheel/tire set and a Lane 1/18 Shelby Cobra Engine for motion, which may or may not be used, still thinking about it.

Cheers,

Lance

post-14622-0-12422400-1423405931_thumb.j

Welcome Lance! I thought you were moving to Sodona.

I like this one .. More wagons!

Thanks Tom, you must be thinking of someone else, still here in Littleton, Colorado. You might remember me from the Diecast Pub 2. I was wondering where you disappeared to, nice to see you here. I hear you, I wish someone would make a 65 Chevelle 2 door wagon, in 1/18, lots of options for releases of a 65, but unfortunately, the hobby has taken a different direction, and I highly doubt we will ever see a wagon we want.

Cheers,

Lance

Edited by Yenkocamaro

Thanks Tom, you must be thinking of someone else, still here in Littleton, Colorado. You might remember me from the Diecast Pub 2. I was wondering where you disappeared to, nice to see you here. I hear you, I wish someone would make a 65 Chevelle 2 door wagon, in 1/18, lots of options for releases of a 65, but unfortunately, the hobby has taken a different direction, and I highly doubt we will ever see a wagon we want.

Cheers,

Lance

Sorry about that, I do remember you, just the moving part was wrong.

Have you seen the 55 Chevy wagon I made out of the sedan delivery?

Sorry about that, I do remember you, just the moving part was wrong.

Have you seen the 55 Chevy wagon I made out of the sedan delivery?

I just checked it out, nice job on the 55. What saw blade are you using in your keyhole saw? I have a Diamond embedded rope style blade, but its too fat. Takes forever to cut through.

Cheers,

Lance

• 2 weeks later...

Lance, As for the hand saws, I use a 32 tooth per in Coping saw for rough cuts and a Jewelers saw with #3 blade for small precise cuts. If I need industrial duty cutting I get out the power tools. This one also has a flex shaft to use Dremel bits.

IMG_1274-vi.jpg