Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jack Herndon`s: 1965 "Hybrid Special" On the Workbench 2/9/15....."Finished Pictures Posted" 4/4/15

John Teresi

Hello.......I was asked to build Jack Herndon`s : 1965 "Hybrid Special" .......for a program called "Clone the Past"........it will be donated for the "National Model Car Builder`s Museum".............I was asked among quite a few other modelers to build a cloned model from the past.........Thank you to Gordon Clark for providing the wheels,tires,hand brake,windshield and steering column......and to Mark Gustavson for a kind donation.........and to Paul Cadwell for selling me the Beatnik Bandit........I will be providing everything else to buid this model.......I will have it done for this years GSL 2015........thanks for looking.

you can go here to see finished pictures

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100735

thanks for looking

Color%20cover%20images.1_zpsoor0xi7r.jpg

How%20to.1_zpsr4x8vfhl.jpg

How%20to.2_zpsnzpayojb.jpg

How%20to.3_zpsgh1vn6l3.jpg

DSCF3083_zpsumepxdcl.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........thank you all very much for following along with this build........I got a good start on the body........I pretty much followed Jack`s diogram........and I will continue to follow his diogram to for the rest of the body work........ thanks for looking.

DSCF3088_zpsc2japxzh.jpg

DSCF3090_zpsp3pnc1se.jpg

DSCF3089_zpsjegjofgj.jpg

DSCF3087_zpsqbihv6is.jpg

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them :) ........I got another good bite on the body today.......I made some templates and used styrene............still in the rough........I should be able to finish up the body tomorrow........then I can sand shape and primmer ..........thanks for looking.

DSCF3091_zpsqqaqtdgg.jpg

DSCF3093_zpsq9kzflde.jpg

DSCF3094_zpsyufamfep.jpg

DSCF3096_zpszaivgwv3.jpg

DSCF3095_zpsrzzdhwnb.jpg

Incredible start John.... ;) ..... Ive admired your work for years, not surprised you were asked to build this for the museum. Good luck with the paint, I think that could prove one of the hardest parts of this build, im sure your manage anyway ! Looking forward to more of the same....... Lowlife ! !

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them :) ..........I got the body pretty much finished.........I made the headrest out of airplane bombs........I just need to sand and shape the body and it will be ready for primer........thanks for looking.

DSCF3134_zpsotufwprj.jpg

DSCF3136_zps5cmgkpj2.jpg

DSCF3133_zps3ojazxim.jpg

DSCF3135_zpscg6h6q0c.jpg

DSCF3126_zpsqdrdu3tz.jpg