Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jack Herndon`s: 1965 "Hybrid Special" On the Workbench 2/9/15....."Finished Pictures Posted" 4/4/15

John Teresi

Great work John. My only concern is that it will be way better than the model its replicating

Tom.......good point........but,I really toned down the detail on this build........I am really trying to capture the look it might have had in 65.......it must have had very limited detail.........I had no reference pictures of the chassis detail and only one partial picture of the interior........so Mark told me to run with it........so I gussed alot of chassis and interior. detail......I guess the main concern will be the body and paint.......I was going to re-chrome everything but,I used just the box chrome for an original look.........the wheels that were sent to me had been roughly cut off the tree but,I used them anyway..........thank you for your interest in this build

Edited by John Teresi

Cool John! I'm looking foreward to seeing it and meeting you at GSL!

I have a whole collection of old customs that I've cleaned up, rebuilt or outright redone just for the history of the hobby. I have a lot of fun at it since I am restoring them to the build quality they were originally done in back in the day. Such as:

photos_july252009059-vi.jpg

Before (body was broken in half, see crack above rear wheel) This was a gift from Howard Cohen

IMG_2391-vi.jpg

to after! Complete with the velvet interior cleaned. I even left the faded chrome on the wheels.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Cool John! I'm looking foreward to seeing it and meeting you at GSL!

I have a whole collection of old customs that I've cleaned up, rebuilt or outright redone just for the history of the hobby. I have a lot of fun at it since I am restoring them to the build quality they were originally done in back in the day. Such as:

photos_july252009059-vi.jpg

Before (body was broken in half, see crack above rear wheel) This was a gift from Howard Cohen

IMG_2391-vi.jpg

to after! Complete with the velvet interior cleaned. I even left the faded chrome on the wheels.

Wow Tom........that is really nice .......beautiful job........I can appreciate the love you give to these old classics.......I would love for you to bring this to the GSL

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them :) .........I got the engine painted ,plumbed,wired and attached.......I did not put to much detail into the engine.......I don`t think this build had much detail bach in 65.........I will attach the firewall and battery tomorrow.........thanks for looking.

DSCF3358_zpsyfzt3ipf.jpg

DSCF3357_zpsraityrjf.jpg[/urlDSCF3362_zps6c03xf9i.jpg

DSCF3359_zpsibsi3csh.jpg

DSCF3365_zpsmh6zwytg.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them :) .......I got the first coat of primer and the first run of putty.......I will sand and shape it all down and give another coat of primer and I`m sure I will need another run of putty.......thanks for looking.

DSCF3400_zps132jy2vc.jpg

DSCF3391_zpsp5lfaemr.jpg

DSCF3395_zps1d5k1rp4.jpg

DSCF3397_zpsklmiskhr.jpg

DSCF3393_zpsjwwcuutn.jpg