Model Cars Magazine Forum

1997 Ford F150 Conversion- Updated 9/26/16

In my ongoing saga to build some of the Revell '97 Ford truck kits in the stash, I just finished this. It started as the SuperCab Flareside kit. The frame was stretched to accommodate the 8' Styleside bed from the regular cab kit. The truck was converted to 4 wheel drive- the transfer case and the majority of the front suspension came from the AMT '78 Super Stones Ford, and the rear springs came from an AMT Monster Truck. The wheels and F350 decals came from a Maisto die cast kit, the tires are BFG Krawlers from Fireball Modelworks. I also made a K&N intake, scratchbuilt the bumpers, and made a dual-outlet exhaust. The spotlights came from a SATCO Nissan Pathfinder, and the rear hitch was pirated from a Revell Kurtis Midget kit. Paint is Testors Lime Ice.

005_zpsehg9ay70.jpg

006_zpsy5jygmal.jpg

007_zpscdlrvslx.jpg

008_zps5z8df0nd.jpg

009_zpsj1670qkd.jpg

Edited by Chuck Most

I gotta say....That looks pretty darn good.....I like the tires and rims and the scratch work is impeccable....That K&N filter is a nice touch.....Looks authentic......Great color choice and very nice work combining kits.....Excellent job, Man....

Edited by kilrathy10

• 1 year later...

As of last weekend, here's her new look. The grille is a modified '99 Lighting piece. I added a skid plate from a Revell Wrangler Rubicon and built a new front bumper with recessed lights and an exposed winch fairlead. I used some tube steps from the Harley edition, and tinted the side and rear windows.