Model Cars Magazine Forum

My last ride

Agent G

This is a model of the last car I was assigned to. I actually received a replacement for this six weeks before retirement but I rarely drove the new one.

DSCF5323_zpskhljses8.jpg

DSCF5326_zpsaclex5ie.jpg

DSCF5325_zpspmagvtb3.jpg

DSCF5327_zps8u8sfmvy.jpg

Rustoleum Gloss White with airbrushed Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black for the trim. I used Tamiya spray bomb Navy Blue for the interior. Decals are a mix of Chimneyvill and home made to better depict what we had back then. Police equipment is from my spares box adapted to again, look like what we used.

G

The computer came with the kit. It really looks the part.

The radio and siren box are left over from a Revell Mustang LX. I took the kit shotgun and scratch built a rack for it. In real life the shotgun was in the trunk and I had a carbine riding up front with me. I just didn't feel like scratching or searching for the correct model patrol rifle.

G

Thank you gentlemen!

You too Tom. :D

Bob the best I ever saw was the 3.8L Pontiac derived V6 starting in the '06 model year. Naturally that was the car I received just before I left. :huh:

These were NOT fast cars by any stretch of the imagination. Not too good handling either.................

G

Jeff, I had two rather lengthy pursuits while driving Impalas. Lengthy in respect to city policing that is (20 minutes tops). In all honesty, both times, the car I was driving hung in there like a champ.

Then, there was this carjacked 5.0 Mustang on Interstate 70 westbound. :blink:

Well, about the best I can say for these is that they make great detective cars........................................

G