Model Cars Magazine Forum

old school ,East coast hot rod [ not a rat rod ]

bpletcher55

I never give recommendations on wheels as they are just too personal.

But as far as East Coast Rod goes, people seem to call an unchopped hot rod that. Not sure why as I live and grew up in New England and never noticed that until the "label makers" made up that tag long after the days of the Hot Rod. I have a non-chopped '32 on the workbench that many tell me to chop and I have been known to call it an East Coast Rod! :lol:

And .. I really like the look of your build so far .. no matter what wheels you decide on! :)

• 3 months later...

Black. Definitely black.

It draws your eyes to the Centerpoint of the rod, which is where you want the attention.

The chromed wheels divert your attention from left to right and not on the center of attention.

Traditional, red, maroon, dark green, Kelly green, Robin's Egg blue, Washington blue, gray, then black, or two color combo's. Black would often be the last color of choice because many Ford wheels came from the factory in black. You are replicating an era where things were customized with contrasting and complimenting paint colors. Wheel colors often were a color that complimented the color of the bodywork, as would any wheel striping or pinstriping of the body. There are a lot more highlight colors than Black, white and Red that everyone is so enamored with these days!