Model Cars Magazine Forum

Probably more liked in Europe, then the US, the vintage tin I mean, but what's your favorite Cadillac?

I have to many but i can try list some.

47,48,49 Sedanette.

50 Coupe Deville and convertible.

53 Eldorado.

54 Coupe Deville.

57 Eldorado Biarritz.

57-58 Brougham.

61 Coupe Deville "bubbletop"

65-66 Coupe Deville.

67 Eldorado.

90 Fleetwood Brougham

Cadillac CTS-V

Not really a Caddy fan but a red 57 Convert like this one brings back great memory's. When I was 14 back in 1964 I traveled with my Dad thru parts of America. We drove a Caddy like this from Chicago to somewhere in Washington state for a car dealer. This Road trip is one of my best memory of good times with Dad

post-13723-0-00845100-1424197436_thumb.j

For me, it would be a toss-up between the '59, or the '60.

I think the '60 is more elegant.

CADILLAC196001-3.jpg

I agree! between the '59 & the '60, the '60 looked much cleaner! Less cluttered I guess you could say. I'm a little surprised Monogram never did a '60 out of the '59 kit. I for one would love to have one! Hey....I think I have a bottle of that paint color! It's a '59 color, but it's called "Wood Rose". Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Is there a kit of a 62?

Johan did an annual of the '62 Cadillac Fleetwood 4 door hardtop. That's the only one I know of. Modelhaus has a 1961 62 series coupe done from the Johan '61 Fleetwood. Here's a shot of a '62 promo for sale on ebay at the moment. Steve

post-13791-0-22414100-1424227647_thumb.j

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I agree! between the '59 & the '60, the '60 looked much cleaner! Less cluttered I guess you could say. I'm a little surprised Monogram never did a '60 out of the '59 kit.

Same with the difference between the '59 & '60 Buicks. I'm partial since I owned a 1:1 1960 Buick for years.

I do like the '60 Caddy and Buick better than the '59s, maybe partly for the fact that they're not as common. '59 Caddy especially has had too much exposure!

Same with the difference between the '59 & '60 Buicks. I'm partial since I owned a 1:1 1960 Buick for years.

I do like the '60 Caddy and Buick better than the '59s, maybe partly for the fact that they're not as common. '59 Caddy especially has had too much exposure!

I liked the '60 Pontiac & Olds much better than the '59s as well, for the same reason. Much simpler, less "embellished" designs. The '60 Bonneville is one of my all time favorite GM cars, & the competition between the '59 & '60 Olds isn't even close in my opinion. I've always thought the '59 Olds was one of the uglier GM cars. Steve