Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988ish Paystar 5000 (small update 10-4-15)

Sam,

The dash and bumper look real good! What did you use/how did you make the keys and ignition switch???

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator! The keys are from model car garage, i really like what they add to a dash, i bought th off ebay. The "kit" comes with plenty of keys and keychains.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Absolutely incredible!! Thanks for the step-by-step info.

As is my habit, just a reminder that the bars on the side hood intake trim should be vertical, not horizontal as designed in the kit.

WRONG:

51CAS0GDB5L._SX450_.jpg

CORRECT:

E3681.JPG

Considering that you are an incredible modeler, I am sure you had this little glitch in the kit figured out, but just in case......

Wow! Absolutely incredible!! Thanks for the step-by-step info.

As is my habit, just a reminder that the bars on the side hood intake trim should be vertical, not horizontal as designed in the kit.

WRONG:

51CAS0GDB5L._SX450_.jpg

CORRECT:

E3681.JPG

Considering that you are an incredible modeler, I am sure you had this little glitch in the kit figured out, but just in case......

Thanks man! I've been reminded a couple times about the trim, but the way my mind works i need reminding alot!

Dave- im with ya on the small details, i think thats what ties it all together. Its the most annoying yet satisfying part of a build. Im having trouble weathering my cab, i want it to look dirty but not abused...new thing for me!

Alain- thanks for the complement, it means a lot coming from an artist such as yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments fellas! I dont wany anyone to take this the wrong way because im not trying to brag on myself in any way, or am i trying to put anyone down, but i just love the details, i like looking at a model and saying WOW, how did that guy ever think of doing that! 

Edited by guitarsam326

• 2 weeks later...