Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resto-Mods & Modern Hot Rods

Worst show is probably Counting Cars IMO.

TFChronos: start on season 2 of Graveyard Carz, it gets better with less drama and goofing off, and more building and information.

Can't stand Counting Cars either.

Thanks for the info Jordan perhaps I'll give Graveyard Carz another chance.

Ah, we're exporting American culture at it's finest! Tommy, don't believe all Americans are like these guys... although I suspect some of the guys on this board are!

Do they broadcast the shows in English or dub them to Norwegian ?

When I lived in Germany we watched American TV shows in German. When we got back to the US I was surprised the Brady Bunch spoke English! And the part I never got used to was everyone's voice was different!

Ah, we're exporting American culture at it's finest! Tommy, don't believe all Americans are like these guys... although I suspect some of the guys on this board are!

When I lived in Germany we watched American TV shows in German. When we got back to the US I was surprised the Brady Bunch spoke English! And the part I never got used to was everyone's voice was different!

The American car culture is great,i watch most car shows from Chasing Classic Cars on Discovery to a great show on Youtube called

Redneck Restorations,channel is called ElderlyIron. I`m aware many shows are cut and edited to get the worst out in people,it`s okay to

keep in mind it`s not how it really is 24-7.

They broadcast in English with Norwegian texting,not dub like the Germans do/did.

Yeah they are known to dub pretty much anything,i think they are even more stubborn then the French to learn English.

Edited by om617

You should try it in Japanese. Three years in Okinawa :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Seems like only a handful of respondents on this thread are actually driving the aforementioned old cars. I have been driving my 29 Model A Roadster hot rod for just over thirty years and about 300,000 miles, for many years as my only car. We're talking peak hour freeway traffic, towing a trailer full of rubbish to the tip, building materials, my next project on a four wheel trailer etc etc etc. Not to mention five trips across Australia, probably one of the loneliest drives on the planet. If it wasn't for my "boring" "cookie cutter" "souless" "too modern" 350 Chevy ('wrong brand") Turbo 400, HK Holden independent front end, 9" rear on coil over shocks and radial tyres with front disc brakes, that car would have spent most of that time in the garage.

Now, I have driven a stone stock, magnificently restored Model A phaeton. One word. SCARY! Just trying to keep it in it's own lane was a challenge. Brakes, ideal for slowing down from a leisurely pace on an empty road but when some back-to-front cap wearing 18 year old at the peak of human intelligence changes three lanes to drop in front of you and then stands on his four wheel power assisted disc brakes gripping the road with sticky radial tyres, your life flashes before your eyes!!!!!!!

If you want to look at and appreciate an old car for the technology and looks of its day, restore it. If you want to enjoy driving, protect your family and others on the road and be a responsible citizen, hot rod it!

Don't forget, if there is ONE example of a particular car restored somewhere in the world, THAT"S ENOUGH! Turn the rest into hot rods and have some fun!

Cheers,

Alan

Wow, i'm a little late to this thread, but wow. COuldn't agree more.
In my country there are few classics. We have only one running 69 Mustang. No other first or second gen mustangs. Took a ride in the cleveland powered monster and it is nightmarish. SAme wiht a fully restored 68 Mustang i got to try in Thailand. Doesn't go very straight or ride very well. Yep, upgrade the bunch of them no matter what. Or just let them sit in the garage.