Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tyrrell P34 - 1977 (Tamiya 1/20)

Zoltan

One of my all-time favorite race cars. When they first came out, I was astounded by the design and the audacity (6 wheels!)

tn_TSM13083.jpg

While this will always be my favorite livery, I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Looks like you've got a great start already.

Looking really good. I'll be watching this one as I also have this kit.

Side note is there any differences between the car on the box and the other car that was posted with different livery? Besides the obvious different sponsors... Tamiya kit only included one decal set? I guess I could just open my kit and check haha

This is one seriously badass machine, cant wait to see the finished model!

OffT: If I'm not mistaken, the P34's first race was at Scandianvian Raceway here in Sweden, which is only 5 km from my hometown.. proud as hell B)

Edited by Bumblebi

Thanks everyone.

Hi Derek, I build the same car, what is in the photo.

In the kits has only one decals, the car will be blue and white (1977 Monaco GP).

...but, in the kits have parts from a car in 1976, but need decals for the blue cars.

I always thought the P34 was an icon of Formula 1. Great to see you making such a good job of that DFV engine. The Tamiya 1/20 scale engine is a little simplified - but you have really brought it to life with the extra detailing.

I great start. Will love to see this one finished.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...