Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock 1977 Monte-Carlo

Young iron

Those are some fine looking Monte Carlo's gujys.

I had a triple black 73. Fully loaded and had swivels and a console. I wish someone would make a trans kit so I can build that.

Sign me up for a '73 as well - it was our family's first new car since 1957:

16575460115_2c6b9e5f86_c.jpg

(Dark green, white top, green cloth bench seat interior. Taken in '76 - can't believe it's the only photo we have... :unsure: )

• 1 month later...

My freshman year in high school was 1976 and my dad bought my mom a new Monte Carlo that year. It was I believe called Firethorn red and it had the half white vinyl top with a white interior...It was a nice car. This thread brought back memories. Great job on all the models posted.

Indeed some good looking Montes in this thread. Congratulations to You Benjamin to Your build.

Perhaps it is the fact that your location - Nice - is not far away from Monte Carlo that influenced Your work on the MC-kit so positively :)

Best regards neighbor

Ludwig

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Guys

Sorry for the dumb question but I am about to paint a Hudson Hornet interior all white and I am not sure which white to use (flat white, pure white etc.)

I use Tamiya colors.

Thanks!!!