front-right.jpg
right-profile-2.jpg
low-right-back-end.jpg
low-bright-rear-left-quarter.jpg
high-left-quarter.jpg
low-rear-left-quarter.jpg
very-low-left-profile.jpg
high-front-left-corner.jpg
A nicely detailed, straightforward curbside kit that really captures the look and stance of the pugnacious original. Zero Paints colour matched Giallo Ginestra and 2K Clear Coat. Why not red? Because I nearly bought one of these in my mid-20s, until I discovered how much it would cost to insure (that and the fact that the "seller" didn't have ANY of the paperwork for the car, which worried me even more than the insurance). Still, it's one of the few models I've built of a car that there's any possibility of me owning, ever...
Those of you who followed the build will know all about the paint; if you didn't, the clear coat solvent managed to leach the red dye from the bodyshell plastic right through the primer and the yellow base coat, and turned orange. This has been stripped, sealed with oxide paint sealer, and then primed and painted a second time.
The only other tricky bit was getting the chassis inside the body shell, which is a "once and for all" deal, with some extreme flexing of the body required...
bestest,
M.