Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 Ford Transit by Esci

Hello,

A while ago I managed to get my hands on this very rare Esci kit.

16286999691_bfc62a1bf9_c.jpg

15666374844_dde660a0b4_c.jpg

This is the car I use as reference...

16390545728_1a4876afb8_c.jpg

16578226295_cf2f4f1c4e_c.jpg

This is how far I am as for today, I began it about 6 weeks ago. The kit is very very nice. In fact what you see here is zero glue, it just snaps together, perfect fit, minimal flash on very few elements. As for accuracy, the kit is spot on. As for the freak value this is it. You won't see another one of these at the first best model show unlike a rusty VW Van.

16251212560_aa5d852704_c.jpg

15816103314_52e79b7ddb_c.jpg

16252367549_0e523b3dda_c.jpg

16436856801_9aa52b4481_c.jpg

16437680042_d05ec90fd1_c.jpg

16412646786_b78351d8ce_c.jpg

Thanks! Have a nice day!

Hope it's the right forum, if not, can the Administrator be so kind and move it to the right forum?

It's a glue kit, but it simply fits so brilliant that if you don't glue it at once, but like me, try out stuff first, you find out that it doesn't need much glue on several components. You could of course glue it, but I see no reason to glue things like windshield, chassis to the body and so on if I don't have to.

Edited by Mr.Zombie

Great to see one of these built! I got the same kit myself, never started it but thought about it many times. I made a suggestion on the Revell Share your dream site for a reissue of this kit: http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/5257/

Not sure if Revell owns molds for it or not but they have reissued several of the old esci kits before so maybe they do.

Your project looks really good, I like it a lot :)

That's brilliant, these were so common in the UK and every one looked just like this ! ! I don't think they ever came clean and shiny from the factory...... :D ...... So glad you built it used and abused, looks great ( but needs UK no. plates !! ) ......... Lowlife ! !

As the matter of fact the Transit still holds the record of "most common getaway vehicle" in the UK after bankjobs and robberies.

Nope, no UK plates.

My original idea was to put it on Cologne /Germany plates buy a trailer and hook it behind that thing, inside I wanted to put in some Ford spares, and a Ford V6 engine that I have from a Sierra XR4i by Tamiya, and the Sierra itself needs only few modifications to look like my current daily driver:

15063969047_b7b0ffd81c_c.jpg

And it could go on the trailer. It would be a nice little scene from my weekends :)