Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine Facebook page....

meaneyme

This question goes to probably Gregg? Why don't you guys update your Facebook page? Can you probably assign someone to run it and keep it updated? Does anyone here check the page once in a while? I think you guys should post the latest issues of the mag along with more info such as what's in the mag Monthly. Just saying....

All you techno-scares come out of the woodwork to soapbox about how Facebook is evil :lol:

It helps if you have a phone app. Hit the app, it auto-logs in, you look at your notifications, check the MCM page (if they decide to update it), and you're done. I'd like to see the page get updated, since it hasn't in a while....

I respect everyone's opinions but Facebook does have a lot of great model car groups to join and you see a lot of posted WIP stuff as well as finished models. You may have your opinions about Facebook but you can't deny that it's yet another tool to make us better builders and get to know a lot more people.

First I will admit I don't have much experience with Facebook but I find it to be a very poor platform for such things as model car groups. There is no organization,no way to filter and no meaningful way to search for the content you want to see. You get everything and have to wade through it all.

Edited by afx

this has been and continues to be a big problem with the interwebs. people jump all over themselves to create some page somewhere, and then never update it. you don't have to reach for fakebook to see it, just look here on this site. when was the last time a lot of things were updated here? last I looked the "current" issue was issues old. everyone wants it done; no one wants to do it. as it was, so shall it be.

jb

Yea, facelook is about useless for the most part. I tend to go there infrequently, and I post little or no personal data when I am there. The odd thing, is getting friend requests from people I never heard of; same with LinkedIn. Very wierd.

Edited by Roadrunner

Gregg does the Facebook page. It's up to him to keep it updated. Any comments about the MCM FB page should be sent to Gregg via PM, Maybe one of you guys would be able to be our FB guy and keep the page current? If so, PM Gregg and let him know you're willing to be our FB guy. Gregg has his hands full with other things... that's why the FB page (and even our own website home page) aren't up to date.

We could use the help.