Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Olds 442 - JoHan

tomsheehy

This is a rescue build...I grabbed this JoHan kit off eBay a couple of years back, it was missing many parts thus I picked it up at a good price. Missing were the hood, grilles & bumpers and all engine parts. But at least the body was not damaged and it was unpainted. Modelhaus supplied new 71 bumpers/grilles and a stock hood. I replaced the engine with an AMT 69 442 version. All else was built using the JoHan parts that came with the kit. This triple green replica is painted with Testors lacquer GM Fathom green metallic. I added a vinyl top using the Testors system, topped off with a color coat of a slightly different shade of flat dark green from Tamiya's military paints. The interior is also a flat shade of green, but a bit lighter. I did paint the front inner fenders red to simulate the W-30 plastic fenders, but I did not add the rest of the performance optional parts. Overall I'm glad to have this JoHan build done, but in the future, I'll probably mates JoHan bodies with the much better chassis from the AMT kits.

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg