Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished: 1985 Lake Speed Nationwise Pontiac

LVZ2881

Looking good James! Add the contingencys and door numbers and you can make the Daytona 500 second place car...There were no Nationwise on there...(Useless trivia...Nationwise was one of three parts stores Western Auto bought out to make Parts America, which sponsored DW in 1996 and 1997 after having Western Auto since 1991)

Looking good James! Add the contingencys and door numbers and you can make the Daytona 500 second place car...There were no Nationwise on there...(Useless trivia...Nationwise was one of three parts stores Western Auto bought out to make Parts America, which sponsored DW in 1996 and 1997 after having Western Auto since 1991)

I am actually decaling it like the posted pic, so i guess it wouldnt be the 500 car...

but i'll tell you what, I love these lobographix decals, they lay down so nice i almost dont need to use microset on them!!

You are correct James, they ran that blue and white scheme the first three races, and I think that photo above is from Rockingham...It's looking good!

I love the Lobographixs decals...They do great stuff...I didn't expect the nose decals to conform to the nose of the Ken Ragan car I did, but they covered it with ease...And they stuck to my imperfect reject paint!

Looking forward to seeing more of this one...

Very nice James! For being away from NASCAR for so long it's not hurting your building any!

I posted mis-information earlier in the thread. I said that they did not have the sponsor on for the 500...they DID...They had no sponsor for the Twin 125 and put Nationwise on the car the night before the 500...Sorry!

thanks Billy.

actually, these last 3 NASCAR builds( the mikey pennzoil ponitac, allison miller buick and this one) are the best i have ever done. guess you do get better with age!!