Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Saab 93 Pencil drawing

Johnny Mac

Because I am rather dim witted, this is your work? Holy moly, that is OUTSTANDING!!! What I wouldn't give to have a fraction of your talent. I love well done pencil drawings probably more than any other type of art, not sure why, but I do. That is just about as close to photo-realistic as it gets.

PLEASE, if you have other work, share it with us!

Wow, I am humbled by the response, I really appreciate it, especially coming from people who take time to pursue modelling & crafts as a hobby.

In answer to the questions, I use Derwent 2h-8b pencils (often using matt acrylic lacquer if the shine from the lead is really evident on dark tones-Humbrol Acrylic Matt lacquer eradicates it).

The Guild of Motoring Artists are a British Guild with world wide membership, which, is by invitation only following an appraisal of your work. Many are professional or semi pro, some of the worlds top motoring artists are in the guild & make my work look staid.

Here are a couple more, an SL Mercedes I did for a Mercedes owners club member, portrayed in a typical Bavarian setting at Lake Konigsee along with an old tram trundling through my home town 100 years ago.

Though the Saab was drawn for an owners club event, I never sold it & display it in my studio.

Once again thanks for the kind words.

post-15266-0-20399900-1425414425_thumb.j

post-15266-0-99612800-1425414467_thumb.j

post-15266-0-81660900-1425414656_thumb.j

Edited by Johnny Mac

Very nice John! I like the way you work your backgrounds into the drawing.

It seems when I draw with pencils,I don't usually put a background in it,unless it's really called for. I do when I paint,but not with pencil.

I've been experimenting with charcoal pencils for the big,dark areas. it seems to help,and like you said,it gets rid of the shine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...