Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 ford

Brudda

Very sharp car!

Some of my favorite cars on this forum are the ones

where the builder had a clear vision of what they wanted

to do and then executed superbly! You have clearly

done that here. Everything came together very well!

This car is very sleek and nicely done! Great Job!

Thank you for the wonderful comments. Well pretty much everything was modified. Only things that was not was the engine and trans. I took a few degrees out of the body to give it a rake. Added evergreen on the lower body to hide the frame. My object was to make a 37 ford look good without fenders. I did alot of drawings to get this look. Since I took a couple of degrees out of the body everything had to be cut also.I had to take a couple of degrees out of the interior,then the cowl area. The radiator support had to also be modified.Since the radiator support was modified the radiator was also,and I had to change the hoses. I widened the front and rear suspension almost 1/8 of an inch,since it was designed for a fendered car it looked too skinny. Had to lengthen the frame 1/8 of an inch to put the rear suspension in the right place. It was too far forward. The wheels and tires are from pegasus. Oh, the windshield was kind of a mistake. The stock one was too thick so I cut some clear plastic and made it open from the bottom like the stock 37. That was not planned in the drawings. I bought this kit at the nnl west several years ago for 10 bucks. The tires and wheels cost 10 bucks. I figured if I messed it up I was not out alot of money. There it is guys in a nutshell. Pretty fun build. Its my first build that I really modified this much. Thanks to all of you out there, for the inspiration.