Model Cars Magazine Forum

My First Model in 30 Years

Johnt671

My daughter got this model of A 62 T-Bird for Christmas 2013. It's my first attempt at bare metal foil, it was fun to get back to modeling. I've been working on others since then but just learned to use Photobucket to post pictures. I can't believe forgot to do a wash on the wheels. I also have a few models from the old days that I'll post as I get the chance.

Here's the pictures.

IMG_0366_zpshll8jtr2.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsif1qxl3m.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsvonep92r.jpg

Thanks,everyone. I'll get a couple of pictures of the two older builds and post them.

I also have three models made to look like the 1/1 cars cars I've owned in the past, I want to try and get the pictures of the real ones posted along with the model pictures to make it interesting. The models are a 61 Chevy Impala convertible, a 65 GTO,and a 66 Impala 396 SS.

Here's a couple of pictures of (I think) of a 32 Ford that is over 30 years old. This model has been dropped a few times and is missing some parts off the rear end, but still looks OK. It survived a move from NY to PA. I need to find the parts I need to fix it back up.

IMG_0009_zpsk3dfclsv.jpg

IMG_0010_zpspsncdhxl.jpg

Edited by Johnt671

Yes it does. Plus less rushing now that I'm older. Retired so I hove plenty of time to work on them.

This is my last old build, once again over 30 years old. I think it's a 41 Plymouth. The motor in this model is so nice I've thought of using it in in another build but I want to save this one. The paint on this one is gray Testors with a clear I found with gold flecks. The camera may not pick the up, but it looks nice. Now I'll start posting my new builds and pictures of the 1/1's I based them on if I can get the old pictures to come out. Thanks for all the nice replies.

IMG_0005_zps2qm5euc7.jpg

IMG_0013_zpsl0593for.jpg

IMG_0012_zpslxipud52.jpg

Edited by Johnt671