Model Cars Magazine Forum

What have I got myself into... Mustang Triple.

Shelby 427 1965

Thanks Buzz!

Bob - Well, it is and it isn't. Like, I couldn't imagine myself doing two builds at the same time and doing them similar. I'm only managing to bother with this because I'm doing them in different styles and keeping it fresh, and also to see if this big bundle of parts I got has enough stuff to actually MAKE two models.. Here's hoping. ;)

Not entirely true. The standard gt350 shared the front valence with the regular mustang. The 65 gt350R front valence was unique and what is in these pictures. It's not correct for a regular gt350. There were also 2 versions of the R model valence. One with round duct holes and one with oval holes.

Nice, I like a man that knows his Stang's! You know, a Mustang guy can never have enough! I have 7 currently, looking to add to them with a 2015 GT soon!

Nice, I like a man that knows his Stang's! You know, a Mustang guy can never have enough! I have 7 currently, looking to add to them with a 2015 GT soon!

I have 11 currently from a 65 to a 14 gt500. In the mix are 3 convertibles, an 07 gt500 with the shelby 40th pkg, an 03 mach, couple SVT Cobras,some fox capris. I love them all like children. Going to start a nut and bolt correct 65 gt350 clone in the fall

I don't get as much time at the bench as I'd like unfortunately but I do try to get a little bit done every day if I can.

Tonight I went back to the Custom mustang and had my first go at making side exhausts, with aluminium tubing. This underneath shot is just a mockup, which is why the headers don't line up perfectly just yet, but they will...

tumblr_nlhirdq9WQ1qlq9k4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlhirdq9WQ1qlq9k4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlhirdq9WQ1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg

Also decided on the style for the interior, I'm going for retro street racer. So I've got a seat in place and the carpets done.

tumblr_nlhirdq9WQ1qlq9k4o3_1280.jpg

Stay tuned...

Thanks for looking and for all the lovely comments :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The wheels are from the Fujimi GT40, whatever one it is that comes molded in yellow, I had it a long long time ago... Really want to build one now, I've been reading the "Go Like Hell" book (highly recommended!) and it's given me motivation to build some Fords... :P

Thanks Daniel!

Got some more done today, my first exam is over so I celebrated with bench time...

White letter tires:

tumblr_no98vbAnPu1qlq9k4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_no98vbAnPu1qlq9k4o4_1280.jpg

I then decided, hey, I'm nearly finished, so I might as well yank the engine out and do more detail on it. So I've got that started, about halfway through plugwires for now...

tumblr_no98vbAnPu1qlq9k4o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_no98vbAnPu1qlq9k4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_no98vbAnPu1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_no98vbAnPu1qlq9k4o2_1280.jpg

Did the rocker covers too, as you can see.

This looks awesome! It looks so mean with the red and gold wheels! Very sharp. Question though, and not to nitpick but I see white plastic showing through in the engine bay. Any plans to remedy that?