Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 56 Ford F-100-Now Under Glass-01/02

Man I appreciate that Eric! Hopefully I can get this rascal finished by the end of the month.

Carl: The fuzzy dice came from Hobbylinc and come in a lot of different colors. They've got some clear ones as well. The link: http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?str_s=dice&redir=1

The magazines came from ebay. Here's the link for those: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171675328419?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well here we are with the interior about 70-80% completed. The aluminum steering column helped ALOT as well as the steering wheel from the Barris T Buggy kit. All brake and accelerator pedals are PE as well as the Hot Rod Magazine in the front seat. Instrument panel and radio trim are Chrome BMF. The steering wheel spokes and center are AB'd with Alclad. I still have a set of keys and some Oakley sunglasses to paint up and adhere to the seat beside the magazine. I've got some clean up to do here and there but it's getting closer folks.....

and a far off shot to show overall progress....

Thanks Mark, Tim and Ed!!!

Ed: I don't know if its the angle of the photos or what but there's more room between the dash and the steering wheel than it looks. What I did have trouble with was getting the steering wheel off of the seat because the standoff bracket between the column and the dash was too long.

Edited by mustang1989

Ed: Now that is funny right there! :lol: Thanks bud!

Carl: I used a really small dot of super glue applied with a toothpick.

Dan: Thanks Dan! It would be nice if I'm finished with it so I can take it but one things for sure; I'm not going to hurry things up at the last minute to meet a deadline. I'm either done with it or I aint. If not, then there'll be the Houston show next April. I'm still going regardless of this build's completion status though.;)

Yesterday I spent two hours in the paint booth getting everything body wise painted red. It's Tamiya acrylic paint so I'm guessing it wouldn't take near as long to dry out as enamel would.

I dare say...................yes. Overkill?...............probably yes. Overcautious? ..............definitely.  I think I got everything covered in that 2 hours though to include re-shooting the cab and front fenders. I really didn't like how it turned out the first time. I may have a tailgate hinge or two got left out and that'll be about it.

Edited by mustang1989