Model Cars Magazine Forum

The popular Weird-Ohs® model kits - the classic 1960s multi-million selling phenomenon...

Bill Campbell is another one of my favorite artists, he is behind the Hawk model companies 1960's Weird-Ohs series.

He also did the box art for many WW2 planes, trains and cars witch proved him to be an all around great artist.

The Weird-ohs series later spawned the Frantics, the Silly Surfers and an off-shoot line of plastic toys, Halloween masks and board games.

The Hawk company has recently re-released the Weird-ohs, Frantics and Silly Surfers kits with the original box art.

Davey - The Way Out Cyclist

I have painted the bike with Tamya spray cans and the flames are temporary tattoos, front and rear light are Gemstones.

The rest was painted first with mat black ( spray can ) and then by hand with Acrylic mat paints (FIN by WACO, great experience).

These colors can be diluted with water or abrasion-proof.

For the eyes, mouth, teeth, all shiny areas, I cover it with Enamel Paint No.1 by Revell.

Davey`s hair is from the hood of a winter jacket, the small chains are real, but second-hand jewelry, the decals are also temporary tattoos, the tongue is a piece of polystyrene, carved, curved and the drool, is superglue.

The base is an old picture frame filled with plaster.

Well, this is my version, just finished today, hope you like it.

20_zpsfwoferyc.jpg

21_zpsfcjj36cv.jpg

22_zpstwt1hb7w.jpg

23_zps6icvpu9j.jpg

24_zpsjhgrq1od.jpg

25_zpsvfo0webu.jpg

26_zpsrlbi3xtr.jpg

27_zpsknjp2onz.jpg

28_zpskcciexzy.jpg