Model Cars Magazine Forum

Taking up space.

ZombieHunter26

Pending builder interest, I'd like to start a CBP based around the "industrial" side of space.

Stuff like you may remember from the Alien series, Critters (the later installments), Firefly and Serenity, etc.

The goal of this build would be to think outside the normal constraints of the box instructions, and create your own little slice of space.

You could build an interior scene, maybe your own space craft, a fleet of deep space freighters...

Whatever you want, so long as it is original.

The only real rules?

1. Be original. Maybe a back-story to tell the story of the scene? However you do it, immerse us in your build.

2. No "straight-from-the-box" builds. If you're using a kit, bash it for parts. Otherwise, you can build using whatever your heart desires.

3. You can use existing media for inspiration, but make it your own. Work the plastic in ways that stretch the imagination.

4. HAVE FUN. This is an exercise in creativity. Something to jostle the grey matter and possibly give you new ideas.

Let me know who's interested!

....somebody find Cranky, I'm sure he'll jump on board. :D

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Isn't this a model car forum?

Last I checked, we still build things that aren't cars.

And this is the Community Build section, and as such it's not limited to just car models like the other forum topics.

If you're not interested in the CBP...

There are others that would be.

Positivity in creativity, friend.

We shouldn't exclude a topic just because it doesn't have wheels and an engine block.

That being said...

I think this could be a great community build.

Also yes. Ira would definitely be a great contributor!

Quick update:

Doing a little of spring cleaning, but once that's done I'm gonna be posting some finished photos of a previous build I did that is entirely related to this CBP topic.

I think you'll all enjoy it, unfortunately I built it during my hiatus from MCM, so no in progress photos... however I will be building a few new things for the CBP with progress photos included.

My first photos (once we get all cleaned up here at casa de zombiehunter) will just be to garner interest.

Where's Ira and Cranky?

Those guys would love this build idea...

• 2 weeks later...

check out the Youtube clip of "The Leviathan", a concept short that Neil Blomkamp intends to bring to the screen (I showed ZH the other day) for some inspiration....

George Lucas let his love for cars spill into the Star Wars universe, yet none of them had wheels.....

check out the Youtube clip of "The Leviathan", a concept short that Neil Blomkamp intends to bring to the screen (I showed ZH the other day) for some inspiration....

George Lucas let his love for cars spill into the Star Wars universe, yet none of them had wheels.....

I guess in a galaxy far far away they don't need no stinking wheels. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...