Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A IPMS show awards

mustang1989

Joe, spectacular job on this 'little re-hab' project B)

I want you to know I have really enjoyed watching this come together, and you inspired me to add details to my builds that I hadn't thought of doing prior to seeing your rebuild.

you did an awesome job on this, and for me personally, it was a win/win, I won by watching your work, and I won by your work pushing me to add a little extra to my stuff, thanks :)

Thanks Jim! I've got a Revell 56 Ford F-100 "Street Demons" series truck in the light truck section I'm doing next. I'll be in the planning phase for a while on that one.

Jeff: Thanks man! I'm looking forward to seeing your build!

JC: Thanks dude! Looking forward to seeing yours finished as well.

Richard: 'Preciate it buddy!

Kevin: I'll be watchin' your build with great interest and thanks man!

Tom: I really appreciate you encouraging me through the build as well as the rest of the gang that commented in there. All of you guys gave me just the nudge I needed sometimes to just get over myself and put my best efforts into the build.

Jeremy: Thanks for the good comments. I'll be watching that P-40 as well. If you need anything just gimme a holla!

John: Thanks for the good word!

John: Thanks man! As far as a temporary home goes...I just couldn't part with it again right now. lol.

James: I appreciate the comments. I think the engine bay is where the build really started to run me! lol

Dennis: Thanks for the kind comments. The air cleaner and several detail parts to include all firewall plastic detail as well as the air cleaner came from Revell Challenger kit #85-4213. The air cleaner alone was such a vast improvement that I had to change it out from the original part.

Not shown in the Under Glass photos is the dash and interior. I just couldn't get the lighting to cooperate.

Overall interior shot:( I did end up changing the shifter out to the correct wood grain shifter handle)

Interiorrepair001_zpsd1d8cdb9.jpg

Dash:

MoreDashpics001_zpsa7691c46.jpg

and a couple more from the engine bay:

RSCN1372_zpstxojijlw.jpg

RSCN1375_zps5oxfjy2k.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

• 4 weeks later...

Joe nice job........ Is this car a radio delete package,the reason I ask this because there is no antenna on the right rear top quarter panel ? I'm not net picking here.

I had been wondering how to do the antenna and finally came up with stretched black sprue shot with some alclad. I installed it two days ago in preparation for an IPMS show in Houston this weekend and had to put the finishing touch on there. Thanks Doug. :D

Edited by mustang1989