Model Cars Magazine Forum

85 mustang svo

B-dub

first of all I must admit.. I've not finished a model since my early teens (I'm almost 21 now) and I've never painted a full model myself.. never any of the actual spray painting... so with that said I'm forcing myself to finish this model no matter how it's turning out.. no re-do on anything just going to finish it.

I'm "pretending" It's not really an svo as I'm just custom painting it and ignoring the decals.

color is a little grainy.. it could probably be polished actually but since this is my breaking out model I'm not going to worry about it.

4ea3b4f3.jpg

a4e163d3.jpg

going to use these wheels from the camaro ss kit

c4b1b099.jpg

planning to do a little bit more detail painting but that's about it..

The SVO was a hot little car. Ford did a lousy job promoting it but I think they didn't want to step on the toes of the GT sales. My friend had an 86 the same color on your box (Medium Canyon Red). We flipped it one night doing about 90. The car was only 6 months old at the time. I hope to get this kit someday and build that ole upside down car.

Looks good so far. Keep up the work, you'll get there.

Edited by Dirkpitt289

testors gloss bright blue I spray bombed it since I'm still not doing well with the air brush but I airbrushed the bottom chassis and I'll be air brushing the interior as well.

thanks for the comments guys.

I'm going to be using the bottom wheels since I'm not too crazy about the wheels that came with the kit (the top ones) although I kind of want to strip them and paint them gloss black to put on the car.

I'll be painting all the details on the car in semi-gloss black

... update,.... now I need to find a rear window... girlfriend stepped on it while I was in the floor sorting through models.. for some unknown reason she decided to walk right over my stuff and of course stepped straight onto the bag with the parts in it... bleh

I love the SVOs. I own a 1:1 1984 TurboGT, the SVOs little brother, and have a spare drivetrain (from a wrecked 1986 Merkur XR4Ti) that I am building up to go down into it.

If you feel so inclined, come on down to the CBP section of the forum and look around in the FOX Chassis (Ford) CBP thread.

I used to love mustangs until everyone and their grandmother got one (I like being different) But I'd still like to get a clean gt fox hatch one day. I looked around on that thread, bunch of cool cars,

68ae098b.jpg

still needing to do some touch up and waiting to hear back about my rear glass .. thinking about tinting out the back glass.. hmm

• 3 weeks later...

well I got the rear glass from revell and I finished painting up everything.. interior just going to be plain black.. not really any details.. I'm finishing up the engine and plan to slap it all together tomorrow.. (lol we'll see) it feels goos to be almost done.. I figure the more I do the more I'll slowly try to work on the fine details.. one step at a time I suppose.. I wish I would have painted the chassis the same blue and then did the frame black by hand but oh well..