Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

sflam123

Members
  • Posts

    635
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by sflam123

  1. 3 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

    Thank you Stephan for the kind words, it's  comments like this that push me to stretch my limits to get the best result I can on each part. Hopefully the end product will reflect that.

    Ian, after seeing some of your other work, I have absolutely no doubt you will end up with a final product that reflects your efforts.  Your skills are amazing and I really enjoy your WIP posts and the final results!!

  2. 2 hours ago, chris coller said:

    It's going to be Sammy Swindell's car from Syracuse 1994

    Ear5pxYXQAEO0Xw.jpg_large (1).jpg

    Man, I can't wait to see what you do on this!!  That was one of several of Sammy's cars for Syracuse that were groundbreaking.  Please post on here as you begin work on this!!

  3. Very cool!  
     

    My grandfather on my father’s side was a huge Rambler fan.  He always told me that there was a Rambler racing in NASCAR during the 60’s, but to be honest, I never believed him.  Thanks!

  4. Hello again all!  
     

    I know it’s been a bit since I’ve updated and for that I apologize.  I’ve gotten a fair amount done in the last three weeks.  I’ll start by saying I love the way these 1/16 scale cars look after they are wired and plumbed, but I HATE doing the plumbing.  I do love how this project is turning out though.  I’ve got all the engine wiring done and most of the fuel and oil plumbing complete.  The engine is wired using the kit spark plug wiring with Pro-Tech boots. The plumbing is done with .045 Pro-Tech braided line and fittings on the oil lines and .035 Pro-Tech braided line and fittings for the fuel lines.  The front wheels are from LPH 1320 Model Products.  The rear wheels are the kit wheels sprayed with two coats of semi-gloss clear to tone them down a little.

    The only thing I don’t like is the injector hat.  I am using the injector hat from the Atlantis Green Elephant kit, and although I’ve assembled and disassembled it several times, tweaking on it each time, it just doesn’t look quite right to me.  I’m still considering other options.  

    My hope is to get the assembly wrapped up in the next week and the body decaled in about 10 days.  We’ll see how it goes.

    0F67B5DD-C802-48B3-9898-D4C1F782F960.jpeg

    0AC50289-9326-4E1F-B1DC-D9D0CF885FF4.jpeg

    A24DEC9C-FF8C-4637-9580-E2DC11D61923.jpeg

    5147A49B-E33E-440F-9B50-0394CEACCE04.jpeg

    • Like 2
×
×
  • Create New...