Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

hooknladderno1

Members
  • Content Count

    544
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About hooknladderno1

  • Rank
    MCM Ohana

Previous Fields

  • Scale I Build
    1/24-1/25

Profile Information

  • Location
    Sunny Florida
  • Full Name
    David Gusky

Recent Profile Visitors

8,478 profile views
  1. Hi Gang, I'm looking for a 1/25 resin Dodge hood to match the one pictured. I am building a pair of replicas of my first department's 1979 Dodge Powerwagon brush unit. I believe the original was offered by Dencon Resin. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! David
  2. Are any of you using any of these machines for cutting out decals or styrene? I would appreciate it if the administrators could "Pin" the subject. If that is not feasible, I can post a link to a Facebook group. There are a variety of machines out there and each has it's merits and draw backs... I would like to start a discussion to share questions, answers and experiences on how to best use these machine to benefit our hobby. Three of the main manufacturers are Cricut, Silhouette and Brother. If you are not familiar with them, there are several videos on YouTube that introduce, compare
  3. Are any of you using any of these machines for cutting out decals or styrene? I would appreciate it if the administrators could "Pin" the subject. If that is not feasible, I can post a link to a Facebook group. There are a variety of machines out there and each has it's merits and draw backs... I would like to start a discussion to share questions, answers and experiences on how to best use these machine to benefit our hobby. Three of the main manufacturers are Cricut, Silhouette and Brother. If you are not familiar with them, there are several videos on YouTube that introduce, compare
  4. Hi Dave, Excellent start! Another option for the elliptical tank is a 1/32 scale New Ray tank. They make several elliptical tankers that work well in 1/25 scale. Because they are narrower than say the expensive OOP Revell Beall tanker, they can accommodate the addition of portable tank holders, compartments, ladders, hard suction, etc. Unfortunately, with the recent Photobucket issues, I can't post photos of how well they work. This is an early photo of a WIP that has come a long way. Look forward to following along! David
  5. You can also fashion them from clear acrylic rod. Plastruct makes several diameters. cut a piece, chuck it in your drill and you have a "poor man's lathe".Shape as desired, get a piece of K&S aluminum tubing, polish to a high sheen and add color with Tamiya clear paint. David
  6. I recently saw a photo of 2017 scheduled models in which the AMT American LaFrance Pumper was featured. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! David
  7. The Briggs &Stratton engine is a Don Mills Models piece cast in metal. I have since added additional components to replicate the 1:1 emgine. Over the weekend I can get some updated photos. David
  8. Andy, Super build! John, I use the Rustoleum texture paint for pickup bed liners like Rhino Liner and Linex. Great stuff! I have also used it to replicate the texture material on the pump panels of fire trucks. David
  9. Hi Mike, I was fortunate to pick up a monster truck several years ago for the long bed body and cab. I also had the good fortune of buying a glue bomb 70's pickup that had the correct 4x4 chassis. Thanks for your kind words! David
  10. Hi Gang, I thought that I had started a thread on this build some time ago. But, after an extensive search, I can't find it. So, if this is "old news", I apologize. The truck I am modeling is a 1979 Dodge Power Wagon brush truck owned until very recently by the Independence Fire Co. No. 1 of Palmyra, NJ. Otherwise known as the Palmyra Fire Department, I was proud to serve there in the early 1980's. The truck had many unique features including dual booster reels, lots of equipment packed into a compact package! But probably the most interesting was the pedestal mounted deck gun that sa
  11. Very cool! Didn't know about this particular diecast. Makes me think of doing something like this: David
  12. The ground work was then covered by a layer of Celluclay. Next came some acrylic craft paints to pre-color the ground work Next, came several applications of different grass, ground cover and ground foam. The ramp composition to the firehouse is not very clear. Thus, I made the base look like crushed stone over a dirt base. The original sanded tile grout and ballast was given a wash of dark gray. Then, medium and light gray was dry brushed onto the stones. I attempted to place a darker gray shadow towards the apron where the building meets the top of the ramp. So this is where we s
  13. Hi Gang, After a long while on the back burner, this project is back on the bench! Lots of progress since the last update. I will try to do this in some hat of a chronological order. When we last left off, the block work was filled with acrylic artist's gesso to give the appearance of very thin mortar lines as on the 1:1 building. Pink foam polystyrene insulation was added to make up the bulk of the ground work. Meanwhile, the apparatus bay door was scratchbuilt. As it was my first such effort, I was quite pleased. While the only two original photos that exist do not show it, it is log
  14. Awesome project! I too will be following along. I have always wanted to build a "barn find" diorama featuring a 1920's - 30's fire truck. David
×
×
  • Create New...