Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thank You.

i just wanted to take the time to publicly thank Raul for showing his support for what I do for a living. He is sending me 2 of his kits in support of my modeling, but more so the fact that I am in the military.

And I also wanted to say that if anyone ever says that Raul Perez doesnt support the hobby or the military that I will find some way, it may not be right away, to come and find you and tie you to a tree using your legs :( and trust me it can be done and it is very painful :lol: .

Again, thank you Raul for showing your support.

Heck, if you are in the sandbox, I will send you a ton. Both myself and my brother are part of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I was a grunt back in the 80's and my brother was an LAV commander in thepush to Bagdad. In my job as a bloodsucking journalist, I almost made it over there myself. I wouldn't have been the only ex-marine photog. Surprisingly enough, there are a bunch of us that are marines that work for the networks... unfortunately, we aren't the ones writing the news.... oh jeesh, now you got me started. I really shouldn't drink scotch and read the boards. If you head to the sandbox, let me know. I can help out with more than models. (cigars and other stuff... I swear my DI lived off of tobacco, you aren't a hollywood marine are you)

Man, my grammar was horrible.... I really shouldn't drink scotch and surf the boards,,,,

Edited by Ken

Heck, if you are in the sandbox, I will send you a ton. Both myself and my brother are part of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. I was a grunt back in the 80's and my brother was an LAV commander in thepush to Bagdad. In my job as a bloodsucking journalist, I almost made it over there myself. I wouldn't have been the only ex-marine photog. Surprisingly enough, there are a bunch of us that are marines that work for the networks... unfortunately, we aren't the ones writing the news.... oh jeesh, now you got me started. I really shouldn't drink scotch and read the boards. If you head to the sandbox, let me know. I can help out with more than models. (cigars and other stuff... I swear my DI lived off of tobacco, you aren't a hollywood marine are you)

Man, my grammar was horrible.... I really shouldn't drink scotch and surf the boards,,,,

No I am not in the sandbox yet, suppose to in Dec., but I have been as you can tell by my avatar. I will let you guys know when I deploy.

Also there are no ex-marines, Once a Marine, Always a Marine. And I appreciate you and your brother paving the way for myself and all the current Marines.

No I was trained where it counts (not knocking San Diego) Parris Island and I am stationed 10 miles from it again (first from 03-05, and now I got here on Oct. 1st).

Edited by jones_clayton

i just wanted to take the time to publicly thank Raul for showing his support for what I do for a living. He is sending me 2 of his kits in support of my modeling, but more so the fact that I am in the military.

And I also wanted to say that if anyone ever says that Raul Perez doesnt support the hobby or the military that I will find some way, it may not be right away, to come and find you and tie you to a tree using your legs :o and trust me it can be done and it is very painful :blink: .

Again, thank you Raul for showing your support.

You're very welcome, my young friend. It's the least that I can do for someone who's willing to put their life on the line for our GREAT country.

I certainly didn't want a public "thank you" for the kits, but now that it's out there I'd like to see anyone else who can easily afford to donate a couple of spare kits to find someone in the service and send them a little "thank you" gift. They certainly deserve our support for their sacrifice.

In closing, I don't know how many Marines it takes to tie someone to a tree with their own legs, but I know of at least one that stands ready…and I’m sure he has plenty of friends. :blink:

In closing, I don't know how many Marines it takes to tie someone to a tree with their own legs, but I know of at least one that stands ready…and I’m sure he has plenty of friends. :o

Well, it might take more than one but I know for a fact that it hurts like hell, not around a big tree of course, a smaller diameter.

I certainly didn't want a public "thank you" for the kits, but now that it's out there I'd like to see anyone else who can easily afford to donate a couple of spare kits to find someone in the service and send them a little "thank you" gift. They certainly deserve our support for their sacrifice.

Well, thats too bad Raul, because I have been put in the spotlight for almost 6 years now because of the military and ppl paying for my meals and getting free food from the resturant itself. I feel is time that ppl like you get put in the spotlight for showing their support for what the military does.

Jones,Clayton

We need an address, Pronto

and a wish list!!!

If anyone wants my address to send me something, then PM me, I don't want to post it because I don't want ppl to think that I am tryong to get free kits or what not by being in the military.

But I do thank whoever asks.

If anyone wants my address to send me something, then PM me, I don't want to post it because I don't want ppl to think that I am tryong to get free kits or what not by being in the military.

But I do thank whoever asks.

Like I said, Clay, careful what you wish for. :P Good people always stand ready and willing to help other good people in need. That's part of what makes this country so great! ;) And...my young friend, you're not getting anything for free...your getting what you deserve for the service you provide to all of us every day.

For those interested in helping out our troops: I've donated a large amount of models to those stationed in Iraq via the local VFW. Personally it would have been quite costly for me to send out all those models but the VFW boxes them up in USPS Priority boxes, takes care of the Customs paperwork and picks up the postage. All one has to do is get them to their local VFW post and state where they want them shipped. I had read about the hobby clubs in Iraq so most went to those troops although I was told that some were shipped to VA hospitals too which is all right by me. It's a win-win for everyone. In my case I had too many models and not enough breath left in me to finish them all so I was real pleased to find good "homes" for them. Give it some thought :P Thanks. Joe

For those interested in helping out our troops: I've donated a large amount of models to those stationed in Iraq via the local VFW. Personally it would have been quite costly for me to send out all those models but the VFW boxes them up in USPS Priority boxes, takes care of the Customs paperwork and picks up the postage. All one has to do is get them to their local VFW post and state where they want them shipped. I had read about the hobby clubs in Iraq so most went to those troops although I was told that some were shipped to VA hospitals too which is all right by me. It's a win-win for everyone. In my case I had too many models and not enough breath left in me to finish them all so I was real pleased to find good "homes" for them. Give it some thought :P Thanks. Joe

Thanks for the information, Joe!! I'll probably do that, too. ;)

Like you, I've got more kits than I'll ever have enough time to build...and I keep buying more! How can that be?

Regards,

Hey, Paul, Thanks! I had to chuckle a bit when I read your reply because even though I keep sending 'em out new kits just seem to follow me home whenever I visit the LHS :P Last time I went, my wife was with me and SHE suggested we take the Revell Stone, Woods & Cook Willys' Drag Racer (Black Willys' on the box) home because it was CUTE!! ;) Gotta LOVE that woman!! Joe

Hey, Paul, Thanks! I had to chuckle a bit when I read your reply because even though I keep sending 'em out new kits just seem to follow me home whenever I visit the LHS ;) Last time I went, my wife was with me and SHE suggested we take the Revell Stone, Woods & Cook Willys' Drag Racer (Black Willys' on the box) home because it was CUTE!! :blink: Gotta LOVE that woman!! Joe

Well Joe, your wife has good taste in models! :P That's one of the best kits Revell has issued in the last several years for "buildability", and it looks great when it's done.

I don't know what it is...it doesn't matter if I go to the LHS, a swap meet or even to visit an old friend, those pesky little boxes just seem to follow me home. They must know that I have more of their kind waiting in the garage! :P

you guys have brought tears to my eyes. There is so much you can do for those stationed overseas. Just do a dogpile,google or what ever you engine of choice is, search for a support group in your local area. The group my parents volunteer for (not only am I a Marines wife but I am a Navy sister with a cousin in the National Guard) are always accepting donations of empty printer carrtidges which can be recycled in return for a fee which helps fund the shipping and purchasing of items to be sent overseas. If you want to send boxes on your own you can call the post office (there is a 1800 number but i dont have it handy) and request a kit that comes with boxes, tape and all the forms you need. Also they are bringing out new larger flat rate boxes, there will be your standerd boxes and then there will be boxes that are specificaly labled for military and the rate will be $2 cheaper when sending it to an APO/FPO address.

if you ever need ideas or help just let me know.

Andrea, thanks for the information. However we can help out be assured we will do our best. It's still a mean world out there for our troops wherever they happen to be stationed so giving of a few pieces of plastic and such is a way small price for what we get in return..freedom. Your husbands, and familys, service is greatly appreciated. Blessings. Joe

I just thought of something to repay you guys for your support, and no my service is not enough. When I was in Afghanistan they had a little program where we could fly flags and have a certificate printed off and signed the our Commanding Officer that these flags were flown over Hostil Soil. I will have flown for anyone that wants one if I deploy this year. You can buy the flags if you want, but I will be able to get them. What do you guys think?

Hi, my name is Dan and I am a member of the IPMS in Columbus Ohio. We have two huge boxes of models that people donated at the IPMS show last Saturday and we will be sending these kits to Iraq soon. Thanks to each and every one who donated these kits. Our Troops need all the support they can get no matter how large or small an effort it may be. Dan Popeko

I just thought of something to repay you guys for your support, and no my service is not enough. When I was in Afghanistan they had a little program where we could fly flags and have a certificate printed off and signed the our Commanding Officer that these flags were flown over Hostil Soil. I will have flown for anyone that wants one if I deploy this year. You can buy the flags if you want, but I will be able to get them. What do you guys think?

Clay,

You just don't seem to understand, my young friend...this is our way of thanking you and all of the other service people for your sacrifice. Yes, the service from you and all of the people in the armed forces is MORE than enough.

If the cost of the flag is that one more serviceman has to go to war, then I don't want a flag, but I greatly appreciate the offer. I would fly it proudly in front of my house.

So, stop thinking of ways to repay any of us for sending a little plastic to you and your fellow servicemen. We're repaying you. Period.

Regards,

Clay,

You just don't seem to understand, my young friend...this is our way of thanking you and all of the other service people for your sacrifice. Yes, the service from you and all of the people in the armed forces is MORE than enough.

If the cost of the flag is that one more serviceman has to go to war, then I don't want a flag, but I greatly appreciate the offer. I would fly it proudly in front of my house.

So, stop thinking of ways to repay any of us for sending a little plastic to you and your fellow servicemen. We're repaying you. Period.

Regards,

Well too bad Raul you especially are gonna get one, I will already have your address by then anyway.