Model Cars Magazine Forum

GM is off to a good start in ruining the Camaro again

Oh boy. They are trying way to hard at makin it look like a Mustang.

Amen!! I've got a 2013 Camaro and love it, was even thinking I'd "re-up" after this one was paid for, but having seen the 2016, there's not a chance. I'll buy a Mustang before I lay down cash for that abomination. GM, WTH?!

:angry:

Edited by Watertown

This is all conjecture at this point, those aren't official renderings. But the side window profile does resemble the one silhouette profile rendering GM has released...at this point, the 6th gen appears like it will be a good evolution from the 5th gen. I like the current (5th gen) model quite a bit, never cared for the ugly 4th gen. I do hope they upgrade the interior materials and design, Camaros for years have suffered from cheap interior materials..

Edited by Rob Hall

Could they possibly make the side windows smaller? I don't like the style of new cars with the high window sills. I like to roll the windows down and rest my arm on the window sill. I'm tall and the armrests are way to low. And finally the new Mustangs (the lightest and still too heavy), Challengers and Camaros are all too big and heavy. The interior size is OK, but the rest is too big, 2 tons+ for a "sports car", sheesh!

I'm not impressed by anything that weighs 2 tons that only really is comfortable for 2 people. There's something wrong here.

We drove a rental 2014 Camaro last year. It had a sunroof. I'm 5'6" if I stand at attention, and I did not have enough headroom in that car. My 5'2" wife couldn't see past the hood. My grandchildren were almost comfortable in the back seat. No way I would buy any car that's too small for me. And, we Americans keep getting bigger. WTF? My '73 Challenger with it's more spartan interior was more comfortable.

We drove a rental 2014 Camaro last year. It had a sunroof. I'm 5'6" if I stand at attention, and I did not have enough headroom in that car. My 5'2" wife couldn't see past the hood. My grandchildren were almost comfortable in the back seat. No way I would buy any car that's too small for me. And, we Americans keep getting bigger. WTF? My '73 Challenger with it's more spartan interior was more comfortable.

I had a rental '13 Camaro a couple years ago, same problem..I'm 6'0", my head is in the headliner, even w/ the seat reclined some...just like in my old Fox Mustang..but at least I can see out of that car..the tiny side windows made the Camaro a dark cave inside w/ big blind spots. On the other hand, the '15 Malibu and '15 Tahoe rentals I recently drove I fit into just fine..

Edited by Rob Hall

I think these two look bad***! I dont see every new car as ugly,also there are plenty of ugly older cars.

I like the new Mustang and modern Camaro styling..and the Challenger. RWD V8 2drs are such a small niche anymore, they do stand out in a world of CUVs and generic FWD sedans...

If they went with round headlights that would help. I got a chance to ride in the new Z28. That car is Blazingly fast and rides like it's on rails. But 75,00 for a Camaro is steep.

And there's no denying the Mustangish thing going on either.

I think if the US manufactures are going to point on the global market,playing on retro looks arent going to cut it anymore.

As for the price tag on the Camaro,yes it cost a lot of money,but compared to other cars with similar performance,you cant

beat it. And this thing goes around corners like a champ. For me personal (I will never be able to afford one) what i like about

it is how pure it is,it got a manual,a man pedal,and there are no 4wheel drive and steering + 10 computers helping you out

when you make stupid choices like the Skyline GTR. Also the GTR is ugly lol,but an impressive machine,also if you want to brag

about specs instead of actually driving it,since it drives itself,to put it on a edge.

A few years ago one of the rental companies gave me a Dodge Challenger as a free upgrade. The minute I sat in it, I thought I was back in my 1973 Barracuda. They copied that car exactly, including all the non ergonomic things I hated about it! Too long hood you can't see the end of, that sitting in a barrel -- seat too low, windows too high feeling, the microscopic rear seat and impossible to see out of back light! Glad I hadn't accidentally bought it! :D

I had several Fox body Mustangs back in the day. I drove with the seat reclined and I was okay. I can't even fit in the current Camaro no matter how much I squish and scrunch. Even with the seat all the way back and reclined, my knees are into the dash and I am kissing the roof. They get heavier and heavier, but the insides get smaller and smaller! The new Mustangs aren't much better. I got to ride in one a few weeks ago, and I was glad to get out. I guess I will keep driving minivans, as I can at least sit up straight in them. I should have been better at basketball so I could afford Rolls Royces. :D I got all the height, but none of the coordination.

I like the new Mustang and modern Camaro styling..and the Challenger. RWD V8 2drs are such a small niche anymore, they do stand out in a world of CUVs and generic FWD sedans...

Amen Rob! I own a Challenger, and despite what some folks may think of it, it DOES turn heads (in a good way), and I'm constantly getting compliments about it! That's more than what I can say about my old Saturn. In the nine years I had that car, compliments were few and very far between. ;)

BTW, having seen the '16 Camaro, I can say that the rendering that was shown is NOT the final shape of the roofline!

2.jpg

Pic courtesy of Burlapp Cars...........

I like the looks of what I see so far.........Kinda reminds me of a '70 Torino, but I think it's a nice update of the original 1970-74 Camaro/Firebird roofline.

Be patient fellas------the whole thing will be shown by this Saturday if not leaked before then!

Edited by MrObsessive

Seems like Ford and Chevy are going for a more streamlined look these days. Outside of the terrible blind spots the Camaros have they aint that bad of a car and I kind of like the way they are headed really. They had their fun with the retro look and it's probably time to move on before they completely wear it out. From a technical stand point...........I'm just glad the convertible top is of a new design. That last one was freekin' terrible!! And I do speak from LOTS of experience on those. Sheesh!!!

Edited by mustang1989

Amen Rob! I own a Challenger, and despite what some folks may think of it, it DOES turn heads (in a good way), and I'm constantly getting compliments about it! That's more than what I can say about my old Saturn. In the nine years I had that car, compliments were few and very far between. ;)

BTW, having seen the '16 Camaro, I can say that the rendering that was shown is NOT the final shape of the roofline!

2.jpg

Pic courtesy of Burlapp Cars...........

I like the looks of what I see so far.........Kinda reminds me of a '70 Torino, but I think it's a nice update of the original 1970-74 Camaro/Firebird roofline.

Be patient fellas------the whole thing will be shown by this Saturday if not leaked before then!

Edited by slantasaurus