Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duel Pete colour

Hi all Im about to start doing a Duel Peterbilt and I wanted to know if anyone out there would know what colour the cab and chassis was originally ment to be ? I know that there was 4 rigs used in the film but in some shots the chassis looks black and in others it looks brown . Im not sure if the cab was gold or bronze or just brown. Plus the front fenders should they be red to start with and wet sanded for a sun bleached look . Or where they Pink ?

I have the dvd coming soon so Hopefully that should help but if anyone can shed any light on this I would be very greatfull

Thanks

Dave

Keep in mind that the surviving truck was made to look like the original. It was only used to film extra scenes after the main truck was wrecked. This is when the TV movie was stretched into a feature film. It was probably quickly made to match. The trucks where several years apart in body style also. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's been restored by the current owner, so it's whatever color they wanted. But if you watch the movie in HD when the sun is shining on the rig, it's looks gold over brown.