Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your one of the few that notice this Ken, your 100% right, All of them had a certain look, that only be done with the type of paint that was used at that time, besides that, on a model, it doesn't bury the details & appear to be dipped like glop :wacko: ..... it has a synthetic plastic gloss look to it, that has never appealed to me ever.Yep, eurathane has killed many a good model, overated & overused. Give me good old lacquer everytime. I think of it this way, a cubic zirconia looks like a diamond to the untrained eye, but why bother with it; if you have the real deal :rolleyes: ..... pointless. :)

• 7 months later...

Regarding muscle car paint, my boyfriend always says that to be correct, a 1:1 restoration should be sprayed with single stage paint.  Not color/clear.  Since he is 10 years older than I am, he has seen FAR more original paint cars than I ever will!  The look is indeed different than what ends up on most restored cars these days.