Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 49 Merc

Ajay

I seem to have a thing for rods & Kustoms at the moment so I've stared on this one again.

I've always had a soft spot for the Buick sidetrim/headlight combination so as both are offered in resin from Replicas & Minatures I thought why not. So far I've added the lights & trim, filled in the hole for the frenched rear lights and deepened the fender skirts with plastic card so they run level with the bottom of the body as opposed to the "kick up" in the kit skirt.

The orange colour is just filler primer and not an abortive attempt at a Gene Whitfield fade paint job !.

rmerc.jpg

rmerc1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Ajay, I told you before about your wrk. glad to see Merc no. 2 back hadn't seen it for awhile. Do you mind if I put the no. 2 Merc. in a folder? I'm starting one with Merc's in it. You already know that I really like that blk. Merc n. 1, and your 32 3 window that's in the wrk. also. I not real good with puters. so I have different names on diff. sites and am not sure how to change to one name for all. :PB):o

Edited by OLDERGUY

Ajay, I told you before about your wrk. glad to see Merc no. 2 back hadn't seen it for awhile. Do you mind if I put the no. 2 Merc. in a folder? I'm starting one with Merc's in it. You already know that I really like that blk. Merc n. 1, and your 32 3 window that's in the wrk. also. I not real good with puters. so I have different names on diff. siotes and am not sure how to change to one name for all. :):D<_<

No problem Dale - feel free

Thanks

Andy

• 1 month later...

Made a bit of progress on this one.

It's been sprayed in Zero Paints Dodge Plum Crazy Pearl and the Zero pre-thinned clear been polished out with Micro-Mesh & Tamiya polishing compound. I've also added the Bare Metal foil to the windows & side trim.

rmerc3.jpg

rmerc4.jpg

rmerc5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys - I have to be honest and say that I'm not building as quickly or as much as I have done over the last couple of years. I'm finding that I'm not as driven to complete stuff as I was & just do a bit of modelling when I feel like it.

Consequently there's not much progress to report on this one except for spraying the headlights with Alclad and deciding on the wheel choice. The whitewalls are from the Galaxie 46/48 Chevy Fleetline kit together with the Revell steelies stripped of chrome and sprayed body colour - the Dodge Lancer hubcaps are resin items from the spares box (possibly from The Modelhaus ? - I've had them ages). I've also sprayed the interior panels up in white & purple & made a start on the engine but haven't taken pics as yet.

rmerc6.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy