Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

new guy need direction in stretch and lower

As for lowering, I do it a few different ways. 1st, I grind off the "axle blocks". Then, if it's not low enough, I will cut the leaf spring shackles. I've only done this once, I cut the springs off completely, flipped them, creating a de-arched leaf spring. I can dig up some pics if you like. Feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.

This thread will help. 

Just getting back into model cars and trucks in my mid 20s picked up a couple revell trucks a 359 Pete and a GMC with plow just seeing if someone can give me a link to stretch and lower the Pete and possibly some stacks and really looking tires thanks guys

Edited by Petetrucker07

I've been using Testors putty. It's ok. I've also Bondo spot putty, it's works too. 

I don't what truck your building so I'll post a what I have. The AMT and Revell would lower basically the same way.

Here's the Revell KW I built, the one from the pics of the stretching. This I flipped the leaf springs. If your building a Revell snapper, Pete or KW. The air bags are stepped. Just cut a little at a time to get the stance your lookin for.

Here's how it sits.

Here's how I lowered my Moebius Prostar.

I cut the axle blocks off.

Cutting the axle blocks is the same idea for all of them. I don't have any pics of the cut shackles. If need a pic of that I can take some this weekend once I have a truck in front of me.

Hey brother I flipped the springs just gotta fill file and sand them to clean them up I deleted all the snap holes cab lights and horn also working on deleting the air cleaner and luberfiner gotta finish up the rear suspension and start the frame chop any threads on making visors bumper and rear fenders

I made all of the fenders on my tanker out of stainless strip. It doesn't have the rolled edges, but look good. This link is to the page of that build I did the fenders on. It's not super in depth, again, any questions just ask. I buy my visors from Rhino's Truck Parts. I've made a few out of styrene, I used a piece of wire to get the angles of the rood, then eyeballed it from there. I can dig up pics of those if you'd like, to see how they came out.