Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking For Aftermarket Rims/tires...

First, I am looking for a couple of sets of rims that would work with Clint Freeman flotation tires. I want to use one set for the front of an AMT Pete wrecker. This has the front spindles and the rims snap on to said spindles. The AMT factory rims slide right through the CF tires. Does anyone know if the resin rims from American Industrial would work? Has anyone in fact tried AI's rims? They look really good. I suppose I could message AI and see if they would be of any help.

I am also looking for a nicer tire, something more rubber looking. Something to use on the rear (drivers is the correct term?) I found some awhile ago and cannot find them back.

Any suggestions?!!?

Thanx in advance!!

Bruce in Fargo

Bruce...

I would definately send an email to Dave over at AITM. The tires you have are 1/24th scale..the rims you have are 1/25th..that little difference is why the slide "through"..some of the older kits/some re-issued..that I saw in another forum posting..addressed to you, lists those kits. Check Ebay once and awhile..occasionally a resin caster will appear, with some different offerings..for both rims and tires...

Again ,Dave I would consider a good start...you might also want to check in over at Dan's Model Truck World

http://www.danmodeltruckworld.com/

Tires and rims are always a struggle sometimes..Good luck in your finds

Kurt McLucas