Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revised '62 Pontiac Kit Tests The Waters.

Revised '62 Pontiac kit tests the waters.

With the release of the custom kit Pontiac lovers lost the ability to build a stock version so the new AMT has decided to test market the restored and updated kit to prove the new line of 3-in-1 kits appeal. Using newly found tooling originally used in the '63 Bonneville convertible annual kit that replicated the race pieces from the Ray Nichels shop, AMT has a true 3-in-1 kit of this famous car.

Kit will contain decals for scallops, fogged panels and the markings for Jack Smith's fourth place finisher in the '62 Daytona 500. Look for it to hit the shelves around April 1st.

62CATALINA.jpg

You need to talk to Gregg and get those pics in one place within a Model Cars issue. What say you gang?

Hey, I'm game if he is. I could do all new stuff for the artlcle. Do some totally redesigned boxes and a different one for each kit or a new "series" box with different angles. How 'bout it, Gregg?

Hey Luke'57 this is GOOD...real good! You need to talk to Gregg and get those pics in one place within a Model Cars issue. What say you gang?

Go Gregg Go. I see that Luke'57 is willing to do it and I am willing to buy the issue with his pictures(I buy every issue anyway). Would love to have some of his box art on paper. :D Richard