Model Cars Magazine Forum

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

The70judgeman

I saw one of these at the hobby store the last time I was there. It was a pre-decorated NYPD Squad. I was interested, but also not at the same time. I think my wife thought of these because I've been talking about wanting to get a real one as a daily driver instead of my truck. Anyway, it's a 1/18 Greenlight Hot Pursuit Crown Victoria Police Interceptor(undecorated). It has working lights and siren that my thoughtful wife got me for Christmas. Now I need to find some decals to finish it off the way I want.IMAG0644_zpsemjaw1cw.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1:1 Midnight Grey 2005 P71 I bought at auction 2 years ago with 120k miles. I love it, one of THE best cars I've EVER owned ( I'm 62 ). Solid , responsive for a big car, the motors are bullitt  proof if cared for, most police agencies lavish mechanical care on these cars.  So I've been meaning to build a replica for the shelf, I already have a spray can of the OEM color I bought for touch up. Does the kit you have have holes in the roof? I suppose I could fill them, my 1:1 is a detective version, no lights except a spot. I think I have seen a plain cloths version of this diecast too. Check out the web site crownvic.net. It has a huge amount of info on these cars, every thing you need to know from knowledgeable owners.

I have a 1:1 Midnight Grey 2005 P71 I bought at auction 2 years ago with 120k miles. I love it, one of THE best cars I've EVER owned ( I'm 62 ). Solid , responsive for a big car, the motors are bullitt  proof if cared for, most police agencies lavish mechanical care on these cars.  So I've been meaning to build a replica for the shelf, I already have a spray can of the OEM color I bought for touch up. Does the kit you have have holes in the roof? I suppose I could fill them, my 1:1 is a detective version, no lights except a spot. I think I have seen a plain cloths version of this diecast too. Check out the web site crownvic.net. It has a huge amount of info on these cars, every thing you need to know from knowledgeable owners.

It wasn't a kit. The car came just the way it's pictured. I also recently picked up a silver "slick top" with just red and blue lights...no siren. I also found a guy on YouTube that will put lights, siren, blah, blah, blah in a die-cast for a cost of course. So, I'm thinking about having a black Crown Vic done.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a couple more Crown Vic's...both are Motormax. The silver car has just red and blue lights as well as the strobe back-up lights. Got it pretty cheap and the seller also included a Crown Victoria dealer pamphlet. According to the seller it was the last car he was going to build and sell. The black one will eventually get lights and siren. I also got the black wheels for it and they're on the car already.IMAG0680_zpsalftj5sg.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman