Model Cars Magazine Forum

1938 International Pickup - Now $9.99

Tom Geiger

If you have a Speedway gas station near you, stop in and grab the last of the 2015 Christmas trucks.  international1

These were last at $19.99 and were reduced to $9.99 clearance.  I got three of them at the Hazlet, NJ station.  This is a nice 1938 International pickup in 1/25 scale by First Gear.  It's curbside, no engine and the hood doesn't open.  The doors open and the tailgate operates. It even has tailgate chains.  Nice finish, I can't spot any flaws on the one I've opened.  

international2

It also comes with some interesting accessories.  A big ICE chest, a case marked "Speedy Choice", a case of "Shockwave" soda and two water jugs.  Nice accessories in scale.   Can't beat all this for $9.99!    The eBay ghouls have them for around $30....  rare, sold out, etc

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to pick up a couple of these trucks from Speedway , mostly for the goodies in the box , took the case box  flipped it up side down because of the way its tapered , sanded the top off made the lid from .040 Evergreen stock then added a set of handles from the WW II Jeep to make a cooler out of it

Then fab'd a water cooler from Evergreen stock for the water jugs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...