Model Cars Magazine Forum

This build will be a 1991 S10, using the Monogram kit. And yes, as the title states, it will be a turbo. However, it's not going to be any sort of super high-performance engine build, but rather a mildly hopped up version of the stock 4.3 V6. I will be using the kit engine, the manual transmission from the AMT Chevy C1500 kit, and the turbo setup from the Revell 3n1 '78 El Camino kit. As for the exterior, I will be using the Goodyear tires from the AMT 90's Trans Am, the custom wheels from the AMT F-150, the stock grille, and the custom bumper and chin spoiler. Color is still up in the air at this point, but it will be a brighter color since this build will be in the spirit of the 90's sport mini-trucks. Here's roughly how it will sit:

SAM_0194.jpg

Edited by Jordan White

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, been busy lately so haven't had much time to work on models. I got the chassis cleaned up, removing the "spare tire" assembly and trimming down the rear leaf spring mounts (in order to help lower the truck a bit). I then painted it with a gold base coat, and a few coats of a GM metallic blue from Duplicolor. The body will also be this color, along with some z-stripes in bright yellow and Magnetic Gray Metallic.

• 2 weeks later...