Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 377 Daycab

This is an prosject that I build 5 years ago... Starts to get old, but it's still one of my favoritt models (my own models, not others also :P) Its the Italeri 377 kit, convertet into a daycab. Back then (this is my second model truck) I didn't know that much about aftermarket parts, so the back plate is just an old cd cover that have been cut and painted :D Have been thinking of buying a new daycab panel with window and replace it. But maybe later.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

peterbilt377ute4be3.jpg

peterbilt377ute1zf0.jpg

sommer2006138gm0.jpg

Edited by broch

Nice looking truck! An old CD cover for a cab back, that is what I would call creative use of plastic.

I live in farming country where a lot of the old road tractors are brought in at the end of their highway careers and used as short haul and farm trucks. Some get a fancy factory conversion with a window and upolstery, some get a sheet of tin riveted in to cover the old sleeper access hole. My point is almost anything you want to do is accurate. Your truck is great without a window.

Broch

Looks very good!

As Robert said, Daycab conversions differ on almost every truck. I've seen them with solid backwalls like you have, or the opening filled with a piece of clear Plexiglas. Unless you're going for a factory-built daycab, you're right on track.

Tim

Thanks for the kind words... :D I have also thought about using the chrome backwall from The Revell 359. Just have to see what I will do. Like it as it is also... Thinking about having the Wilsom grain trailer after this one. Think it will look nice :P

Broch,

Very nice truck, it looks great. love the fuel tanks, are those from the kit?

Tim

Thanks Tim! :D

Yes that's tthe fuel tanks from the kit. Think the look very good to, just paintet the "stripes" (dont know the english word on this) :P