Model Cars Magazine Forum

5 window coupe

MenacePrime_DA9

Nice job, and it's one of the best two colors for a '32 coupe, the other one is black. 

But my favorite is the red, really excellent job, and if anyone figures out how to keep the pesky headlight lenses from moving magically after we glue them in place,,, please let the rest of us in on the secret. ?

Very nice - just how I like hot rods!  Revell really hit the ball out of the park with this kit.  I like the picture of it on the mirror.

To answer Del's question about headlights I use white glue (e.g. Formula 560 Canopy Glue by Zap) put around the rim as a small bead on the inside of the headlight buckets for the lenses themselves, but I suspect he may have been referring to glueing the headlight bar to the fenders.  The picture below shows how I make a better fitting - I drill small holes in the fenders and the end of end of the headlight bar and glue plastic rod into the ends of the headlight bar, at a slight angle.  If you get it right, it'll stay in place without glue.